Match Thread AFC Bournemouth v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
All teams including city are getting beat. It's not the end of the world regarding hopes for the season. It just hurts more cause we never ever win this games that place us. Every one of them. must be a dozen to twenty of them since Moyes.
Quite right.
It’s the hope that kills you though, the realisation that we aren’t all conquering.
I read posts on here dismissing other clubs as minnows and expressing unjustified entitlement. The types of attitude we hate from fans of United etc.
We are in a recovery phase following some really damaging recruitment that has dragged on the clubs resources. It is a period that has really set us back and will take at least another summer transfer window to reverse.
The sad truth is that we still have a long way to go on our journey and there will be setbacks along the way. Don’t get too down, we’re winning at Goodison and Silva has shown he can change things.
I’m sure he’ll be putting much effort into improving our away form.

Quite right.
It’s the hope that kills you though, the realisation that we aren’t all conquering.
I read posts on here dismissing other clubs as minnows and expressing unjustified entitlement. The types of attitude we hate from fans of United etc.
We are in a recovery phase following some really damaging recruitment that has dragged on the clubs resources. It is a period that has really set us back and will take at least another summer transfer window to reverse.
The sad truth is that we still have a long way to go on our journey and there will be setbacks along the way. Don’t get too down, we’re winning at Goodison and Silva has shown he can change things.

Less of the optimism mate people are I fume mode and will savage you.

Our away form has let us down time and time again and it doesn't look to be improving. People can say City lost but of course we know that is a freak one off. In our case it's a totally different story. Same shiiite different season.

If Football knowledge was based on the number of years being a supporter then it'd be you managing Everton or Chelsea and not those two youngfellas
Played 3 years with Port Vale Academy. Next 4 years at Stockport County when in Div 2. Then 4 years at Sheffield Utd when old Div 2. . Sir Alex comes to mind at Man Utd !!!!! So that now throws your dummy out the pram.! With respect ! Also if I have watched Everton and the teams that have been put out since I was TWO YEARS OLD and am now almost 65 . So doe,s that not put me more knowledgeable about Everton than most on this forum ?

Last edited:
Way way too high for Mina Siguurdson and Delph.

Mina and Keane were both equally poor.

Aye maybe, though I thought Delph was at least trying to push us on, Gylfi was good in the first half (and whenever we actually got the ball into him his passes/touches were excellent bar that one bad throughball) but didn't do much in the second.

I thought Mina had a solid enough game in all honesty. Keane was at fault for the third goal because he failed to step up with Mina. Mina was clearly following the plan of playing an offside trap and Keane had an atrocious game.

FWIW, I don't think we were that bad today in our general play. We were toothless up front and made three defensive mistakes which are unacceptable. IMO, while the mistakes aren't on Silva, his failure to recognise we had the chance to build on a strongish start to the second half by introducing some fresh legs cost us just as much.

I get all the calls to start Kean rather than DCL, but he's come on as substitute in the last couple of games (i.e. fresh against a tiring opposition) and hasn't managed to hit the target. Wait until he's ready to be a starter and then we'll see what he can bring to the party.
He came on today when we were losing and chasing the game with Bournemouth going on the defence and crowding their area, not a lot of space for the lad to move in, same against Villa. Like you say yourself give him a few weeks to show what he can do.

Aye maybe, though I thought Delph was at least trying to push us on, Gylfi was good in the first half (and whenever we actually got the ball into him his passes/touches were excellent bar that one bad throughball) but didn't do much in the second.

I thought Mina had a solid enough game in all honesty. Keane was at fault for the third goal because he failed to step up with Mina. Mina was clearly following the plan of playing an offside trap and Keane had an atrocious game.

FWIW, I don't think we were that bad today in our general play. We were toothless up front and made three defensive mistakes which are unacceptable. IMO, while the mistakes aren't on Silva, his failure to recognise we had the chance to build on a strongish start to the second half by introducing some fresh legs cost us just as much.

Not sure about Mina tbh. There was no chance of playing offside in that scenario. I thought he was poor all game and only slightly better than the abysmal Keane.

Delph scored a horrendous OG at a very bad time.

Siguurdson was anonymous after the first 15 minutes. I think he needs dropped to buck up his ideas. Going forward I'd play an extra midfielder over him too because we are wide open to the counter. Watching us today getting cut to ribbons actually made me angry.

Not sure about Mina tbh. There was no chance of playing offside in that scenario. I thought he was poor all game and only slightly better than the abysmal Keane.

Delph scored a horrendous OG at a very bad time.

Siguurdson was anonymous after the first 15 minutes. I think he needs dropped to buck up his ideas. Going forward I'd play an extra midfielder over him too because we are wide open to the counter. Watching us today getting cut to ribbons actually made me angry.

Away, I think I agree on the Gylfi shout. At home it's a different matter.

This is the thing, we should have 2,3,4 ways of playing, yet we don't. That is a massive failing of Silva's.

Gomes' injury scuppered us today but could easily have brought Davies on and pushed the forwards up for a proper three.

Quite right.
With all respect mate, how much time are we going to give silva in improving our away form? He has been here over a year and this season has amassed one point from palace, Villa and Bournemouth away. He is no closer to solving the problem, then he was the moment he walked through the door.

Possibly watched and supporrted Everton FIVE DECADES before you were born! It was a certain Board member at Everton that declined THE SAND PEOPLES offer and then they pumped it into Maine Road. Maybe jealously ! comes to mind but another mistake the board made in my opinion.

I'm starting to peiece it together now. The anger, the bigotry, being 120 years old. I'm not going to tell you to stop. you've earned it mate

Away, I think I agree on the Gylfi shout. At home it's a different matter.

This is the thing, we should have 2,3,4 ways of playing, yet we don't. That is a massive failing of Silva's.

Gomes' injury scuppered us today but could easily have brought Davies on and pushed the forwards up for a proper three.

Yep I mean aways with Siguurdson. We aren't good to leave 4 in attack. It's arrogant and costing us points.

We need less posession. More direct play. And way less crossing. Our use of the ball hurts ourselves defensively more than our opponents because we create so many transitions through sloppy square passing.

I'm starting to peiece it together now. The anger, the bigotry, being 120 years old. I'm not going to tell you to stop. you've earned it mate
Did you go to school lad ? Can,t spell AND thinks FIVE DECADES is 120 years! Piece of advice ~ Don,t go near Brexit! Theres already enough Numpty,s already involved in it. Waiting for LIKES on this one !!!!!!!!

Silva screwed it up today. After every goal there was no life in him, no animation, just sat on his seat with his head in his hands. The subs should have been on before they took the lead......Keane was nowhere to be seen for the third.....pissed off tbh......

Silva screwed it up today. After every goal there was no life in him, no animation, just sat on his seat with his head in his hands. The subs should have been on before they took the lead......Keane was nowhere to be seen for the third.....pissed off tbh......
Agreed. Against Villa and today, the subs weren't brought on early enough. Also why on earth Schneiderlin wasn't subbed is a mystery to me. Mind you, why he was selected in the first place is equally puzzling.

Status
Not open for further replies.