Match Thread AFC Bournemouth v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even after the Barkley debacle we've had plenty of time to look for an alternative.
TBH I think Sigs was thought to be the replacement, problem is his lack of pace, very good in other areas but the modern game is pace. We have plenty of players with pace, but they aren’t used correctly.

That's the bitter sweet price of addiction to a football club. Once hooked as a kid, it's impossible to later on genuinely become detached to lean years and losses.

Only fans of ManC and Real Madrid can be happy 95% of the time, through mega spending, buying all the trophies out there and at the same time rarely suffering setbacks in matches to underdogs (Norwich being the exception that proves the rule).

All very true...but I’d love to see some proper progress as a club because it’s a hard cross to bear being an Everton fan.

Inappropriate Language
I can accept losing to superior teams but they were sh1t but did the basics. We can't punish teams when we're on top, too much 5 aside tippy tappy nonsense as if it's an exhibition game . We're too nice, similar to the old West ham team of old.

We could sign the best players in the world, without a decent manager we will never improve. What do they do in training because it looks a shambles every week. And I seriously doubt theres any set-piece defensive training at all. Shocking.. We need to invest in a new manager and coaching staff

The two games we have lost have ,in my opinion,been lost in midfield. Playing 2 defensive midfielders does not work in our formation. There is too big a gap between them and the front 4. Davies should have started instead of Schneiderlin.If we kept a clean sheet then fine,you could say that it worked but we haven’t won away away from home enough to justify that tactic. If Silva doesn’t change that ,then he will be the master of his own downfall.

Thing is, we controlled that match, and imo it's all on Silva that we lost.

Yes, bad mistakes from Delph, Keane etc. But when we were on top in the second half was the perfect opportunity to bring on a sub and inject something else.

He's not proactive with his subs at all and without the confidence being at home gives us, we don't have any impetus.

Bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.