Match Thread AFC Bournemouth v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Allow me to explain.

Our last 3 semi-final/final opponents - Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea

Liverpools last few cup final opponents - Spurs, West Ham, Cardiff, AC Milan (corrupt), Birmingham, Alaves

Examples of the 'luck' I mentioned - Sterling carrying the ball almost out of the stadium when we were 3-1 up on aggregate, goal stands. 75 ricochets off shins in to Martial's path after 93 mins, goal. Jags, Arteta and Yakubu all out for cup final, our 3 best players at the time. The luck we get is horrendous.

I rate this post.

Reading it back is a small reminder of some of the recent hardships.

One day it has to change, surely?

Allow me to explain.

Liverpools last few cup final opponents - Spurs, West Ham, Cardiff, AC Milan (corrupt), Birmingham, Alaves

Examples of the 'luck' I mentioned - Sterling carrying the ball almost out of the stadium when we were 3-1 up on aggregate, goal stands. 75 ricochets off shins in to Martial's path after 93 mins, goal. Jags, Arteta and Yakubu all out for cup final, our 3 best players at the time. The luck we get is horrendous.
On the flip side to this is opportunities like Wigan at home in the quarterfinals. We would have been playing Millwall at Wembley but for our squad of cowards completely bottling it.

On the flip side to this is opportunities like Wigan at home in the quarterfinals. We would have been playing Millwall at Wembley but for our squad of cowards completely bottling it.

It was hard to see performances like that from time to time. Especially when we would put it up against teams that cost infinitely more than us at home showing bravery.

Allow me to explain.

That's just selecting the finals Liverpool have won, ignoring the fact that they've also gad finals against City, Chelsea & Real, plus ignoring the teams they'd beaten to get to those finals; the likes of Man U, Chelsea, Barca, Bayern, PSG.

Bit of a stretch.

I thought we were lucky to beat these at Goodison last season they were all over us in the first half on the flip side I think we fully deserved 3 points away to them before we choked it, It'll be a good game and like Wolves should be winning these type of games if we're ever gonna make the jump.

I see Charlie Nicholas has gone for a 2-1 Home win saying he doesn't rate us.

Hasnt he got previous for being a snidey bell in his comments?

I see Charlie Nicholas has gone for a 2-1 Home win saying he doesn't rate us.

Hasnt he got previous for being a snidey bell in his comments?
He's had us to lose 3 games 2-1 with the other 2 been 1-1s so far with this prediction, This still not convinced with Everton stuff he's said is brought out by so many so called experts quite a lot with us, early,mid or late season, He was going on a few weeks ago about how bad our defence this and last season was etc when we have the 3rd lowest goals against us the whole 2019,before 1 week later saying we were good then going back a few days later to saying they were bad lol

Sadly this is exactly the sort of game we mess up on a regular basis. Sunday afternoon, post international break, on the back of a win, players just turn up like they are on holiday for some reason and are nowhere near the required intensity.

A win would be a massive statement for us and put us in a great position for the next home game. We just don’t seem to approach away games believing we can win though. We’re better than Bournemouth all over the park but we play within ourselves away from home.

Sadly this is exactly the sort of game we mess up on a regular basis. Sunday afternoon, post international break, on the back of a win, players just turn up like they are on holiday for some reason and are nowhere near the required intensity.

A win would be a massive statement for us and put us in a great position for the next home game. We just don’t seem to approach away games believing we can win though. We’re better than Bournemouth all over the park but we play within ourselves away from home.

I would be massively shocked with a win here - as you say we are like a horde of church mouses away from home.

Would love us to turn up with some intensity and see out this sort of a game.

A tight 2-1 win would be fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.