Adrian Heath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy Dean

Player Valuation: £70m
Interested to hear from those that saw him play and can remember him well how good he was and how good he could've been if not for that Marwood tackle? He was my first Everton hero, I think because he scored in my first Blues game (86 Charity Shield) and some other goals in the 87 title winning season. But he seemed to tail off after that. Was that because of the injury or did he just not kick on? I was too young to remember properly.

I just watched Howard's Way and from that it sounds like he was tearing up the league in 84/85 and was about to get called up to England's seniors, and IIRC he was in the England side that won their U21 Euros in 84. But after our 87 title win he seemed to dip badly.

Felt so sorry for him after that terrible tackle off marwood ,glad he eventually got his medal for our European win .

In Howard’s way you could see how Reidy sought retribution for Marwood’s tackle on Ichy. Both were shocking tackles. Although in that era, teammates looked after each other, but Inchy was never the same again.
I looked Inchy’s record up on wiki. 11 goals in 17 games that season. Never really came close to that after

I think Inchy was unfortunate to be born in the wrong era. A Hugely talented player who played at the wrong time. When Neanderthals were basically allowed to bring the game down to their level, which was basically the gutter.

Loved Inchy, not just a great player but always seemed quite cool to me as well.

He has a good career in the states now does he not? So it has not ended too badly for him either way.
Aye he still had a decent career. Played for Espanyol and Man City after us. Had a spell as assistant manager to Kendall Mk III and has managed in the US for a few clubs. His lad’s a pro player in the US too

We paid a lot of money (for that time)to buy him and he seemed to struggle for a while? Then everything clicked until Brian Marwood came along. He played his part in our last title win,but never seemed quite the same player. One of my abiding memories of him though,was playing for Stoke the year before we signed him,he smashed one in from 30 yards in the dying days of the Gordon lee era,in front of a barely quarter full GP. He gave me one of my(and many other Evertonians) happiest ever memories though when he buried that header against Southampton at Highbury!

Always liked Inchy. Gave me 2 of the best moments of my life
Oxford away in that cup time. We played terrible then out of nowhere Inchy equalised. Didn't know it but standing on that open terrace my Everton life was going to change. Cups, leagues, Europe came out of that terrible performance and Inchys goal was the catalyst
Southampton semi. Inchys goal went in like slow motion, even does when I watch it now, and us all invading the pitch from.the north bank. All the pubs around Euston being full of blues all night. Missed my train I was so drunk but it was worth. It was an outpouring of joy for thousands of blues that day.
Thanks Inchy

Status
Not open for further replies.