2017/18 Ademola Lookman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always better coming off the bench atm.

Whether this is because players are tiring I don't know, but my guess is because he usually comes on as we are chasing a game or pushing for a win - thus meaning his involvement is to get on the ball, make plays and direct running.

We don't see this when he starts a game but there could be a number of reasons for this.

Think his defensive game could use some work.

Very little chance to make an impact on Saturday. Like others have already suggested, he's better suited at coming off the bench and giving him a run at defenders who are tiring. For me Vlasic should start games ahead of him as he's more physical if anything, but christ knows why he's in the U23s currently.

In a perfect world a loan to a Championship club would be ideal for his development but we're not in the position of being able to let any attacking player who's not a number 10 to leave. At the moment I'd say he's definitely best on the bench, coming on when the game's stretched, the opponents tiring, and we're mounting yet another spirited/desperate fightback.

In a perfect world a loan to a Championship club would be ideal for his development but we're not in the position of being able to let any attacking player who's not a number 10 to leave. At the moment I'd say he's definitely best on the bench, coming on when the game's stretched, the opponents tiring, and we're mounting yet another spirited/desperate fightback.
I see this often, but he's already plied his trade in the lower leagues. We need to just keep hold of him, I'd argue that we should've kept hold of Dowell as well.

Got to say I'm a little disappointed by the lad. Of course he's young and there's plenty of time for him to improve, but for the money we spent I think we're entitled to expect him to have contributed a fair bit more than he has so far. Almost a year in, he's still looking like a 17 year old playing his first few games, rather than a 20 year old with a couple of seasons under his belt.

We need to give him some time to get his confidence back, clearly had an issue with Koeman and its affected him. He is only a kid ffs, and to expect him to rip the prem apart instantly is un-realistic.

plied his trade in the lower leagues

45 games doesn't equal plied his trade to me - more like began his apprenticeship! As for Dowell, the loan's been fantastic for him: he was even booked for a foul on Saturday; I never saw him make a tackle in 3 years for us! And he was still, apparently, Forest's brightest player on Saturday, showing that he might just be adding something extra to his game and not taking anything away, which is the idea of a loan. Ademola isn't starting every week for us, which is what he needs to develop, but in our position I'd agree with you that we have to hang on to him.

Bet my life if you put him in the arsenal side he’d look a lot better. We’re everton, we’re not a good side for young flair players.

Bet my life if you put him in the arsenal side he’d look a lot better. We’re everton, we’re not a good side for young flair players.
Teams now I am afraid to say no baines at left back is a liability and they piled down his flank Lookman was uncomfortable, as just 60 seconds they got the goal and their 2nd from that flank - Lookman is better as an impact player at the moment with a free role!

Good old Everton, we’ve got dynamite attacking players in Lookman and Barkley and yet we always seem more interested in improving their defensive game.

Unfortunately it's the way the game is at the mo mate and it's the same at every club to a certain extent.

The days of out and out wingers are long gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.