Abel Xavier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawrence

Player Valuation: £5m
Abel opens up on his move across the park and the respect he has for Evertonians. He wanted to stay but our old friend Blue "boys pen" Bill wasn't in a position to extend his contract and needed some money at the time. Some recurring theme that one. 50 now Abel, all the best if you trawl our lunatic threads. Always rated Abel me.

Abel opens up on his move across the park and the respect he has for Evertonians. He wanted to stay but our old friend Blue "boys pen" Bill wasn't in a position to extend his contract and needed some money at the time. Some recurring theme that one. 50 now Abel, all the best if you trawl our lunatic threads. Always rated Abel me.
Saw him in a restaurant about a year ago. You can’t miss him like. Could be wrong but think he’s converted to Islam and goes by a different name now

xavier1-814x524.jpg

He was an average squad man at best.

We came 15th, replaced him with Joseph Yobo and came 7th.

We were right to not extend his contract!

Probably the least cared about "traitor" when it comes to switching from blue to red.

Looks great for 50 like.

He was an average squad man at best.

We came 15th, replaced him with Joseph Yobo and came 7th.

We were right to not extend his contract!

Probably the least cared about "traitor" when it comes to switching from blue to red.

Looks great for 50 like.
Yeah never really got him. Was he a centreback, right back, or defensive midfielder as none seemed his perfect position.
Never got the 'we're lucky to have him' thoughts that were around at the time.
Such a great player for us that this is his whole Everton career on Wikipedia...
Screenshot_20221130_124236.jpg

Did ok for us, played in the derby win at Anfield in '99. A solid if unspectacular player.

I can honestly say I wasn't remotely arsed when he moved across the park. He was out of contract that summer anyway and we'd have got sod all for him so it was nice to get £800,000 even if it was off the RS and he did nothing there.

I think he's the only player to have played for both clubs in the Merseyside derby in the same season.

Status
Not open for further replies.