Transfer Rumour Abdoulaye Doucoure

Status
Not open for further replies.
good player, Absolutely smashed us at GP, like Zaha not worth the money being quoted so I'm on the fence for this one.

It’ll come down to what the player wants. Well materially so. If they haven’t planned to sell him they don’t have time to replace.. hmm.. am I smelling a player swap?

He's played CM for Mainz for the past 2 seasons.

This isn't true. His own agent even said he's more suited to centre back and that Klopp considered signing him for Liverpool as a versatile CB prior to getting Fabinho.

Bernard Collignon in June 2018 said: “In January, Klopp called Mainz and wanted to commit him as a centre-back, who also helps out in midfield,”

He's played a lot in CM and came through in that position but he's also adept at CB. Truth be told his physical stats alone make him more suited to CB than CM. His use of the ball isn't particularly good enough to be a top class holding midfielder.

This isn't true. His own agent even said he's more suited to centre back and that Klopp considered signing him for Liverpool as a versatile CB prior to getting Fabinho.

Bernard Collignon in June 2018 said: “In January, Klopp called Mainz and wanted to commit him as a centre-back, who also helps out in midfield,”

He's played a lot in CM and came through in that position but he's also adept at CB. Truth be told his physical stats alone make him more suited to CB than CM. His use of the ball isn't particularly good enough to be a top class holding midfielder.

A fella who has watched him for the past 2 seasons posted on here when the rumour started with an article that has just been written by him. He played defensive mid 2 seasons ago, he played more of a box to box midfield role last season.

His agent did say that he would be better playing centre back but that doesn't hide the fact that for the last 2 seasons he's played cm

It’ll come down to what the player wants. Well materially so. If they haven’t planned to sell him they don’t have time to replace.. hmm.. am I smelling a player swap?

He's made no secret of his ambitions to play in the Champions League too. I can't really see him coming here given he'll be 27 this season. Only got one big contract left in him. Could easily go to a Milan, Lyon, Ajax, Leipzig, Valencia. Possibly even an Arsenal.

Selection of comments from Watford Forum ( am I allowed to post this?)

NathWFC said:
I can see it now...

Doucoure goes to Everton, they crack the top four and he and Silva play in the Champions League next season, meanwhile we start the season with Cleverley as a first choice centre mid, Sema as a first choice winger, Prodl comes in at centre back, we finish 20th and lose our first game of Championship 4-0 at home to Luton.

Uuurrrghhhh... we're going to sell him to those ***** for a reasonable price and not have time to get a replacement aren't we?

Gonna have to be a stupid amount to sell to those clowns. The clubs said time and time again that they wouldn’t stop a player joining a champions league club. But why sell to rivals unless of course for mega money.

Had a slight spot of schadenfreude then felt sorry because this was us back in the day.

Wont be long till we get some more Watford fans joining to tell us how small and scummy we are and how great Watford are even if they are 19th out of 20 in the premier leagues biggest clubs.

Buy him just to wind them up please Marcel. :)

My thoughts are that he comes in to partner Gomes behind Sig whilst Gbamin gets used to the league off the bench. The option to play all 3 and drop Sig is there and then by next summer maybe we’ve phased Sig out to play Doucoure, Gbamin & Gomes together with Gomes playing the deep playmaker role and the other two bombing around?

Status
Not open for further replies.