2022/23 Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.

I suppose Gomes, Alli and Gmbamin are all returning in June.

I think all 3 will be loaned out again.

Ideally Doucoure isnt added to that list, but his wages will be quite big, so if he cant stay fit, I'm not sure we should be keeping him.

If he can stay fit though, and get close to his best, theres definitely a case for taking the option out.

I think all 3 will be loaned out again.

Ideally Doucoure isnt added to that list, but his wages will be quite big, so if he cant stay fit, I'm not sure we should be keeping him.

If he can stay fit though, and get close to his best, theres definitely a case for taking the option out.
As you say, see how he gets on in the next few months, if hes not an option, even off the bench, then theres nothing really to discuss.

It might be that he asks to move if he sees his game time limited, hes not Tom Davies, no slight on Tom Davies BTW, local lad playing for the club he loves, why would he move.

As you say, see how he gets on in the next few months, if hes not an option, even off the bench, then theres nothing really to discuss.

It might be that he asks to move if he sees his game time limited, hes not Tom Davies, no slight on Tom Davies BTW, local lad playing for the club he loves, why would he move.

The issue is though, is anyone paying us the 8m or so in Jan to avoid us taking a loss, alongside his wages?

I want him to do well. My gut feeling is Lampard doesnt fancy him and he doesnt suit his approach. But hes had some good games too, so you never know. I'm not in favour of giving him a 3 year deal now though. It may be we have to cut our losses.

The issue is though, is anyone paying us the 8m or so in Jan to avoid us taking a loss, alongside his wages?

I want him to do well. My gut feeling is Lampard doesnt fancy him and he doesnt suit his approach. But hes had some good games too, so you never know. I'm not in favour of giving him a 3 year deal now though. It may be we have to cut our losses.
Oh god no, nobody is throwing a penny our way.

He's a good athlete with a physical presence, but, a limited footballer. Ok as a squad filler, but, I will be surprised if he's on less than 80k a week. We can't pay squad players 80k per week.

Its quite possible we have already taken up the option.

I know there were rumblings that we had.

Youd imagine these things get announced wouldnt you?

It seems we are getting a lot tougher on players who arent fit. He is getting injured a lot more now. Theres some confirmation bias from me though.

Status
Not open for further replies.