2022/23 Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes me laugh when people start spouting Garner above Dacoure in starting order when in all likelihood they haven’t seen him play and if they have it was in the championship.

Came on and misplaced almost every single pass as well as messing up a breakaway opportunity. Just not good enough. I also think he struggles in a three as he doesn’t seem to know who he should be closing down or when to push out. He’s better in a two but none of our other players are.
Coming off the bench I can live with him but I’d rather have seen Garner or even Allan ahead of him. Least it wasn’t Davies though.

I sort of think the opposite mate. I think hes best in a 3 and gets exposed in a 2 as he isnt enough of an "allrounder"- I.e hes not good enough on the ball.

With Benitez we did play a genuine 3 at times, and that seemed to work well for him. The question is now, with the form of Iwobi, and signings of Onana and Gueye hes not good in our strongest 11.

He was awful yesterday, but I'm going to put that down to a lack of match sharpness.

I actually think he was brought on fir his physical presence - Size, strength and fir set piece defending ahead of either Garner or Davies mate.

Given I think Lampard rates Davies higher and when fit will rate Garner above both, I like it, it showed he's choosing players for the situation (west ham, big physical side pushing for a goal) sadly he was a bit crap after coming on - hopefully Garner plays a few full u21 games for England to get sharper.

Yes exactly this.

Lampard made the right changes yesterday. Gordon was tiring so we got McNeil on, who provides good defensive cover. Rondon is a big lump for Maupay, which gave us extra strength off set plays, and same with Doucoure for Gray.

Some games this season, for me he hasnt got subs right, but yesterday was the right call. It wasnt the same to bring on Garner at all.

Doucoure fluffed his lines. I'm hoping due to lack of match fitness, but he didnt seem to know what he was doing. There were a couple of occasions where it was tailor made for him to run with the ball beyond West Ham and we didnt do it.

If we get him right, he will be useful off the bench, in games we are looking to see out, but he will have to play better than yesterday.

Yes exactly this.

Lampard made the right changes yesterday. Gordon was tiring so we got McNeil on, who provides good defensive cover. Rondon is a big lump for Maupay, which gave us extra strength off set plays, and same with Doucoure for Gray.

Some games this season, for me he hasnt got subs right, but yesterday was the right call. It wasnt the same to bring on Garner at all.

Doucoure fluffed his lines. I'm hoping due to lack of match fitness, but he didnt seem to know what he was doing. There were a couple of occasions where it was tailor made for him to run with the ball beyond West Ham and we didnt do it.

If we get him right, he will be useful off the bench, in games we are looking to see out, but he will have to play better than yesterday.

I'll be honest mate, I just don't think he fits what Lampard wants/needs his cm's to be capable of.

I'd say I'd break it down to these characteristics as a basic neccesity.

High energy, commitment and combative (pressing etc), comfortable receiving the ball (press resistant), good passing the ball, flexible in terms of position they can play, 'robust' in terms of not missing many matches, well disciplined, ability to read the game well.

I'd say out of them all, he ticks the first three boxes, but none of the others.

Now think about all are other CMs and how many of those things they possess...

The rest of the stuff he wants is on top of those basic requirements. If you don't have those though I can't see a future in our CM

I'll be honest mate, I just don't think he fits what Lampard wants/needs his cm's to be capable of.

I'd say I'd break it down to these characteristics as a basic neccesity.

High energy, commitment and combative (pressing etc), comfortable receiving the ball (press resistant), good passing the ball, flexible in terms of position they can play, 'robust' in terms of not missing many matches, well disciplined, ability to read the game well.

I'd say out of them all, he ticks the first three boxes, but none of the others.

Now think about all are other CMs and how many of those things they possess...

The rest of the stuff he wants is on top of those basic requirements. If you don't have those though I can't see a future in our CM

I agree he doesnt fit what he needs. I do think hes quite good at breaking the press running with the ball though.

I agree he doesnt fit what he needs. I do think hes quite good at breaking the press running with the ball though.

It effectively comes down to 3 things now.

Can we sell him if we extend.
Do we want to extend him to keep him around as 4/6th choice on 60-80k pw.
Do we just let him.go for nothing.

Don't see a world where he becomes a starter again. Right now 3 are miles ahead of him, Garner is the future and I'd say Davies has bought into what we are doing and weirdly as I'd have git [Poor language removed] anytime the last three seasons, I'd actually extend Davies now, he's improved, he's obviously been working hugely on fitness pre season - he's bulked up a lot

It effectively comes down to 3 things now.

Can we sell him if we extend.
Do we want to extend him to keep him around as 4/6th choice on 60-80k pw.
Do we just let him.go for nothing.

Don't see a world where he becomes a starter again. Right now 3 are miles ahead of him, Garner is the future and I'd say Davies has bought into what we are doing and weirdly as I'd have git [Poor language removed] anytime the last three seasons, I'd actually extend Davies now, he's improved, he's obviously been working hugely on fitness pre season - he's bulked up a lot

I think the answers to those questions are:
No
No
And unfortunately yes.

I think he will be on a lot more than 60k pw mate, and nobody is going to be taking those wages and paying us any kind of fee. If he doesn't improve can see him going at the end of the season.

Has his attributes when he is “on it”but struggles to play a simple five yard ball at times and can be an accident waiting to happen,the penalty against Chelsea as an example,don’t mind him as a squad player but nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.