2022/23 Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has been asked to do the running for 2 players during the majority of his time here. I think with the players he has around him now you will see an improvement from him
giphy.gif

He has been asked to do the running for 2 players during the majority of his time here. I think with the players he has around him now you will see an improvement from him
Not sure what you are basing this on, we've seen nothing from him to show he has the ability to do better no matter who is along side him.
This season he has cost us 4 points, awful player

Doucoure has had no competition in his position since he arrived at the club. Now there’s Garner, Gana and Onana, Allan, and dare I say it even Davies maybe this will give Doucoure a kick up the backside to do better.

First part agree, second part disagree in general. If a player is asked to cover for multiple players you’re going to find yourself out of position often. Can’t teleport.
He's not always covering for extra people even if you just accept that he had to do that (this season he really hasn't, Iwobi had handled his job himself without help) so he still should have periods where he can cover his spot effectively. He pretty much never does.

Our fan base or so weird. We are crying out for depth and if Doucoure isnt good enough to start every game there is definitely space for him to make a difference from the bench.

I'd have Doucoure over Davies, Allan and Gomes every day of the week.
I know yeah. I think it's utterly crazy that people are saying since Davies has played a few games without stinking the place out, he's some sort of reformed player who deserves a vital part in the squad and we can forget how atrocious he's been for four whole years. Get him gone. Doucouré first backup with Allan, and Iwobi, Gana, Garner and Onana rotating or at least playing the majority of minutes.

Our fan base or so weird. We are crying out for depth and if Doucoure isnt good enough to start every game there is definitely space for him to make a difference from the bench.

He's not good enough to start any game, neither are the other names tbf. We competed, arguably won a midfield battle against a great team last weekend. I can't honestly think of a time we did that with Doucoure playing.

He gives us additional depth and options but barring injuries he cannot be considered a starter when fit any longer.

It's quite amazing such an unfit-for-purpose midfield was overhauled in a single window.

He is probably going to be the biggest casualty of that, leaving aside those who move on.

There is a role to play for him in the context of a 22-man squad.

Guess it is if Doucoure is 5th choice cm then is that a luxury that we'd be best suited moving on in order to improve elsewhere mate

Status
Not open for further replies.