2022/23 Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
A very Doucoure performance. Unless he scores or assists I always get the impression he could have done better, don't know why I have such high expectations for him, but he just has so much ability, that I want more from him than the basic midfielder we get mostly

He was asking for trouble bumping and grabbing in the box so much. I thought he got away with manhandling Sterling earlier and you couldn't really complain about the penalty. He was beaten badly, put both hands around Chilwell, and swung his leg in at him. If he doesn't give away the penno Chilwell might have scored anyway.

He actually played well but that challenge was ridiculous and cost us the game , regardless of the fact that the previous free kick should never have been given.

Had a very good first half, breaking up play, and was actually distributing it relatively well, which is normally a weak spot.

Without the penalty, I think we would be talking about him like Tark and Iwobi.

As a member of a Gana, Onana, Iwobi and Allan midfield group, we finally have competition for places, which will only help them all get better.

Doucoure didn`t make the tackle. Chilwell threw himself forward with minimal contact. IF Doucoure was pulling Chilwell back, then how could he possibly fall forwards? soft penalty all day.

I've already said it was soft mate, but it was clumsy and I'd be demanding it if it was us. It was clumsy and if it had gone to VAR they'd have looked at his hands trying to grab Chilwell and say "yeah that's a pen"

Massive concern is that he genuinely believed it shouldn’t have been a penalty.

He bundled the lad over after pulling his shoulders back with both arms, lightly or not you are asking for trouble. You just can’t do that and if he doesn’t realise this it will happen again, and pulling shocked faces and pleading to the ref is only going to frustrate the team manager and fans.

Massive concern is that he genuinely believed it shouldn’t have been a penalty.

He bundled the lad over after pulling his shoulders back with both arms, lightly or not you are asking for trouble. You just can’t do that and if he doesn’t realise this it will happen again, and pulling shocked faces and pleading to the ref is only going to frustrate the team manager and fans.
And mina was about to tackle him

Status
Not open for further replies.