2022/23 Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only recent memory i have of this waste of space is him sat on a ball uninterested during warm ups. Couldn't care less what happens to him. Everything that is wrong with Everton.

Just seen on the arl twitter doucoure and cole had murder,.Keane backed up doucoure.

Mad how much is coming out today and probably like 1 of it is true.

The signing of Doucoure was absolutely the worst crime (of many) carried out by Marcel Brands here. Fair enough trying to sign him when Marco Silva was here, as the manager clearly wanted him - but why the hell was he still a top target long after Silva left and Ancelotti was desperate for quality in the middle of the park?

Clearly trusted Silva's eye for a player far more than his own, essentially letting the tail wag the dog.

He's got absolutely no right to sulk and he has most certainly not run himself into the ground for us. He's had maybe half a dozen good games for us in 3 years. I would imagine that he's a bit fed up of not getting a game when we're having the same problems every week, but he's proved plenty of times that he's not the answer to our problems so he can't feel too hard done by. He's shown beyond doubt that he's a crap footballer, now it seems he's a crap professional too.

Theres a lot of criticism on Doucoure, as with most of the players.

I wouldn't rush to any judgements until I know exactly what the dispute was about though. If he has come to the view that Lampard was a poor manager, this is what any experienced pro will come to.

He could have tried harder, but Lampard was tactically inept and made players worse. And senior pros will call that out.

If the manager is sacked then I don't think Doucoure will be sold in this window.

To be fair to him and others in the squad I would be very annoyed at being ignored when you consider the form of those picked ahead of him.

It is beginning to appear as if the dressingroom was not a happy one.
Same thing happened at Chelsea with Lampard as well.

I think you either need to be super ruthless (Fergie style) or inclusive like Ancelotti. Lampard seems to be inbetween and not really know his identity.

The signing of Doucoure was absolutely the worst crime (of many) carried out by Marcel Brands here. Fair enough trying to sign him when Marco Silva was here, as the manager clearly wanted him - but why the hell was he still a top target long after Silva left and Ancelotti was desperate for quality in the middle of the park?

Clearly trusted Silva's eye for a player far more than his own, essentially letting the tail wag the dog.
Gbamin surely holds that accolade.

Status
Not open for further replies.