2022/23 Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
@micknick to further explain my thinking.

Say if we all agree that Gueye, Onana, Iwobi is our first choice in mid now, with the intention of Garner being 4th (used in rotation with those).

Then cones down to a few things for me, our 5th choice should be either a young player with development upside, or a player whose wage and value reflect the role of 5th choice

Davies I do t think is on that much a wage, his sale value I'd guess right now was minimal, Doucoure sale value - much higher, wages much higher. Age, Davies has I think is 4 years younger, and upside? Davies 'can' I feel be moulded still a little - Doucoure is pretty much what he is.

Personally I'd see how Davies looks come December - if his recent form continues then I'd regard it as keep him, extend Doucoures contract the extra year and sell.

Bring in money, save on a big earner and don't overly weaken the depth

Deserves a chance to rotate with the squad. He clearly has different strengths and weaknesses and will be a valuable player in different trios against different opponents.

Not every player fits in a specific mold and we’ve had massive questions in his midfield neighbors for years.

Deserves a chance to rotate with the squad. He clearly has different strengths and weaknesses and will be a valuable player in different trios against different opponents.

Not every player fits in a specific mold and we’ve had massive questions in his midfield neighbors for years.

Problem is, he doesn't fit the type of player Lampard wants mate, Gueye, Iwobi, Garner, Onana, hell even Davies all have better touch and way better passing than him.

He brings the work ethic, hard running and physicality but he's lacking in those other areas

Problem is, he doesn't fit the type of player Lampard wants mate, Gueye, Iwobi, Garner, Onana, hell even Davies all have better touch and way better passing than him.

He brings the work ethic, hard running and physicality but he's lacking in those other areas
Fair enough. But with the right players around him he has (inconsistently) shown other attributes in the attack.

That said, maybe those only show against weaker opponents, but some of his problems have to be related to less than ideal players around him in less than ideal systems.

I think it worth a look from Mr. Lampard.

@micknick to further explain my thinking.

Say if we all agree that Gueye, Onana, Iwobi is our first choice in mid now, with the intention of Garner being 4th (used in rotation with those).

Then cones down to a few things for me, our 5th choice should be either a young player with development upside, or a player whose wage and value reflect the role of 5th choice

Davies I do t think is on that much a wage, his sale value I'd guess right now was minimal, Doucoure sale value - much higher, wages much higher. Age, Davies has I think is 4 years younger, and upside? Davies 'can' I feel be moulded still a little - Doucoure is pretty much what he is.

Personally I'd see how Davies looks come December - if his recent form continues then I'd regard it as keep him, extend Doucoures contract the extra year and sell.

Bring in money, save on a big earner and don't overly weaken the depth

I get the logic. I think the difficulty mate, is Doucoure will be 30, is becoming injury prone and as you say is high wage. I'm not sure there will be many takers.

I get the logic. I think the difficulty mate, is Doucoure will be 30, is becoming injury prone and as you say is high wage. I'm not sure there will be many takers.

Fair points mate, I also think it's something the clubs thinking about which is why with only a few months left before he can negotiate leaving on a free the clubs not yet taken up it's extension

Imagine what an idiot you must be saying a professional footballer earning upwards of 30k a week, playing for one of the biggest teams in the country, in the best league in the world isn't a good player.

Must be a real idiot to say such a thing.
"playing for one of the biggest teams in the country" ??? Are you blind?

Because of players like Davies and you who support this kind of crap players, my club looks ridiculous for the last 30 years. Time for you to switch to cricket.

Fair points mate, I also think it's something the clubs thinking about which is why with only a few months left before he can negotiate leaving on a free the clubs not yet taken up it's extension

My own feeling, is that the club are seeing whether he can rediscover some fitness and form this season.

If he doesnt, I think we will release him. If he does, we probably take the extension up.

In a lot of ways, keeping to 1 year extensions probably helps get the most out of players.

"playing for one of the biggest teams in the country" ??? Are you blind?

Because of players like Davies and you who support this kind of crap players, my club looks ridiculous for the last 30 years. Time for you to switch to cricket.
Why would you so openly mock an assertion like that if you're a blue?

I smell a kopite.

Status
Not open for further replies.