2021/22 Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to remember in the game though when he won the ball and everyone was clapping him? It’s not targeted in my opinion it’s just frustration, work hard and do the right things then you will get backed, give daft passes away straight to the opposition then it will be met with moans.

Yeah but what I'm saying is the first touch of the ball he had he played a stray pass (which happens with all players) and instantly the gasps and negativity came out. So that obviously will impact his game because instead of focusing correctly, he is constantly thinking oh I must not do anything wrong rather than play professionally and effectively.

Did it make him miss that chance? Hard to tell, but it certainly would have affected his confidence and that could have led to him missing the chance.

Conflicting reporting: BBC Sport say no operation required, may be out for a few weeks. The Red Echo gleefully claims he will go under the knife and will be absent for a considerable period. Who to believe?

Conflicting reporting: BBC Sport say no operation required, may be out for a few weeks. The Red Echo gleefully claims he will go under the knife and will be absent for a considerable period. Who to believe?
The club have said no op and doucoure has more or less confirmed 6-7 weeks.

Reactions: JLW

The fact we are in such a flap because Doucoure is out shows how bad the replacements are, Davies, Gomes, Gbamin and Delph, woeful the lot of them. Come back soon Doucs
Edit, would rather see Holgate in there as well before them lot.

He’s one we can’t cover. Our backup midfield options are well below standard. Season is effectively over if he’s not coming back soon.

We were nowhere near relegation and wont be again.

A relegation shout after 14 points from 8 games may be the most kneejerk relegation shout in GOT history.
Seeing as 29 points last season would have preserved a PL place I'm not going to reach for the Tena man pads just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.