2021/22 Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with all the angry folk. Isn't it about time we start banning injuries? Forget VAR, use the technology to eliminate injuries from the game. And our medical staff are beyond a joke as well. It must be something they are doing/not doing that lead to the number of unfortunate and/or unavoidable injuries we get. They need to stop/start doing whatever it is they are or are not doing. It's unacceptable.

Very true.

I said in the summer it was absolutely essential we got Delph and Gomes out and replaced them with someone reliable, but it’s just another in the litany of Brands failures.
It's been the same for year's we rely on one midfielder with energy in there it used to be Gana now it's Doucoure then if they get injured we are screwed because the back up isn't good enough or never available.

You say '11 first team' players as if our whole team is injured. Not many if any would be regular starters. Back up is weak because of the failure to get rid of enough deadwood and either find sufficient cover in the u 23/youth teams or sign 'squad players' and the latter just adds to the roster of 'not regular starters;

I never said all at once, but we have had 11 senior players miss at least a match inside 8 weeks. Others can feel however they like, but I don't think it can be purely bad luck. There has to be a proper review of everything we do to see if there are improvements that can be made.

Our depth is non-existent but we have too many injuries. Players who are regularly unavailable need to be moved on and it has to become our no.1 factor in recruitment.

Young Tyler Onyango played 80 minutes for the 23’s last night and did pretty well according to Unsworth. I expect to see him on the bench soon. We are woefully short in centre midfield, injury to either Doucoure or Allan always looked like the injuries that could hurt us the most. Big problem now is that Allan will take too much of the workload on himself and he will end up injured as well.

For now, it looks like Tommy D. as none of the perennially injured Delph, Gbamin or Gomez can be relied on, the only other option is Godfrey or Holgate pushed up into midfield. Not ideal, but, needs must.

Such a shame this, Doucoure was really tearing it up this season.

I never said all at once, but we have had 11 senior players miss at least a match inside 8 weeks. Others can feel however they like, but I don't think it can be purely bad luck. There has to be a proper review of everything we do to see if there are improvements that can be made.

Our depth is non-existent but we have too many injuries. Players who are regularly unavailable need to be moved on and it has to become our no.1 factor in recruitment.

Completely delusional to suggest there’s nothing we’re doing wrong from a physio/conditioning point of view and it’s just pure bad luck. Doucoure has had no injury record to speak of in his entire career, comes here and in two seasons he’s had two broken foot injuries seemingly caused by absolutely nothing as I can’t remember him taking a heavy knock or bad tackle at any point in that game.

It's a good job we have got depth. Oh wait a sec Lob its Delph, not depth ffs and he has got a sick note season ticket. Oh well Iwobi did really well last Sunday. Kin nora, this club will do me in for good one day.

My understanding of a stress response is that unless there is immediate rest and treatment it will lead to much worse such as a fracture and it usually takes at least a couple of months or more to heal. Be after xmas minimum would be my guesstimate.

The curse continues and helped along by a really poorly ran club.

Completely delusional to suggest there’s nothing we’re doing wrong from a physio/conditioning point of view and it’s just pure bad luck. Doucoure has had no injury record to speak of in his entire career, comes here and in two seasons he’s had two broken foot injuries seemingly caused by absolutely nothing as I can’t remember him taking a heavy knock or bad tackle at any point in that game.

A stress fracture is mid October, after 8 league games, is a concern.

I said in the summer it was absolutely essential we got Delph and Gomes out and replaced them with someone reliable, but it’s just another in the litany of Brands failures.
Apparently both were available, but no takers, though brands did bring them in. In the first place. Delph has been a shocking buy, I wouldn’t have touched Gomes, who had already started putting in poor performances towards the end of his loan. Unlucky with the injury of course, but still not up to the job.

And again Gbamin has been ridiculously unlucky. But the midfield has been a [Poor language removed] show for a while now

Status
Not open for further replies.