2021/22 Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great to see Doucs getting forward more and getting shots away, looks like Benitez has been telling him to push forward more with Allan on the cover
Makes you wonder what Ancelotti was doing last season. It seems the players played the way Ancelotti wanted. What we witnessed was Ancelotti football, it wasn’t a mistake.

The same players are capable of much more. Doucoure has far more to his game than he was allowed to show last season.

I’m glad we’re back to fast attacking football. Keep your tippy tippy possession stuff. It’s awful to watch without the right personnel, slow and ponderous.

Another good game from him, but overshadowed this time by Allan. Unlucky not to finish off that great run.

He started the season so well and he’s continued to build off that form.

A strange personal observation, I reckon he’s a little thinner than last season. He’s always been long and lean but I feel like he may have slimmed down a little bit. He’s cover the ground damn well though!

He gets to run under a manager like Rafael. Made for it.

My only complaint about Doucoure today was he should have played in Richarlison towards the end instead of shooting, and should have scored if he was going to take that.

Other than that, machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.