2020/21 Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
u4nb4iqmo7661.jpg

He put in a really good tackle in the game against Arsenal that I actually thought showed the good and bad of him. His athleticism and skill to get the job done was pretty impressive but at the same time his inability to see the danger earlier and make it an easy cut out wasn't so good. To me that kind of sums him up. He's got immense physical talent that allows him to get away with any other deficiencies that he has but to be truly top class the other stuff matters and I feel that he brings the forward passing and shielding of the backline too infrequently to be top class.

He put in a really good tackle in the game against Arsenal that I actually thought showed the good and bad of him. His athleticism and skill to get the job done was pretty impressive but at the same time his inability to see the danger earlier and make it an easy cut out wasn't so good. To me that kind of sums him up. He's got immense physical talent that allows him to get away with any other deficiencies that he has but to be truly top class the other stuff matters and I feel that he brings the forward passing and shielding of the backline too infrequently to be top class.
He doesn't have to be top class, just mostly quite good, which is what he's doing.

He doesn't have to be top class, just mostly quite good, which is what he's doing.

Who would have thought after last season and most of the last few years,that we might actually see a mostly quite good midfield turning out for the EFC?

It was real hell for a long time with nothing happening in there. Now some of them are having actual boss games

Its quite something

2nd best start in nearly a decade, and people see fit to criticise an ever present in midfield. Someone who cover every blade of grass.
He is not world class but he is certainly a presence on the field and the opposition will be in for a difficult game against him.

Not the best technically gifted footballer at the club by far but he’s a box to box energetic centre mid who we need and gifts that little bit more freedom to a James/Siggy type player

Status
Not open for further replies.