2020/21 Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate, he can’t control or pass a football. That isn’t down to his midfield partner.

....but that was always the case, Mike. As I said when we bought him, his game was about what he does when the opposition had the ball rather than we had possession.

Watching him at Watford he was poor with the ball, there’s nothing new in respect of that. I’m not defending the lad, I’m just saying the scope of his game was well defined before he came here.

A bad signing. My instinct was this would be a terrible signing and I get swept in a little by the James hysteria of that week, but his performances lately have been what I expected.

Zero quality on the ball and not athletic enough to win second balls. His performances in the last 2 home games have been dire and nowhere near acceptable for a team managed by Carlo Ancelotti.

If we had properly backed the manager we would not have been signing him.

Doesn't work in a midfield 2. Isn't reliable as a defensive player. Basically like a poor man's Pogba but without any flair.

Still won't write him off even though he's been poor. We need a 3rd midfielder to make him and Allan work better.

Came to us with a supposedly amazing engine ?? Bar one/two games he hasn't done anything that makes me think 'amazing signing' ..... Below average so far !! Looks similar to the Bollasie signing (loads of promise but failed to deliver)

Unlucky not to score but I think the balance in midfield is very important to get the best out of him.

Him and Allen rotated the runs and gaps got found but they had a 3 man midfield to fight against with James not that defensive however the back 3 never pushed that middle of the park tighter.

I think the wing back experiment is still needs work especially with no genuine wing backs available.

Came to us with a supposedly amazing engine ?? Bar one/two games he hasn't done anything that makes me think 'amazing signing' ..... Below average so far !! Looks similar to the Bollasie signing (loads of promise but failed to deliver)

Agree his engine is nowhere near what I expected. He seems to go missing at times.

Honestly did none of you ever watch Watford?! It’s absolutely mental how people are surprised that he’s come in and played at exactly the same level as he has done for his entire career. He’s a box to box midfielder who isn’t particularly good either offensively or defensively. He always has been and he always will be.
Similar to the Iwobi and Bolasie signings. Sign average players and they play average.

Honestly did none of you ever watch Watford?! It’s absolutely mental how people are surprised that he’s come in and played at exactly the same level as he has done for his entire career. He’s a box to box midfielder who isn’t particularly good either offensively or defensively. He always has been and he always will be.

Never understood the hype he got on here. I think people liked the idea of him more than the actual player himself, they wanted to believe he was a Vieira type all-rounder. Never once struck me as that at Watford and very rarely impressed me when I watched him.

Status
Not open for further replies.