2020/21 Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure he’s maliciously dirty player mate, he’s a tough, high energy pressing midfielder more knocking you of your groove and giving little time then a leg snapper.

McArthur the same you know they are around, you have the win the battle, though.

I think next week is going to be tough, wouldn’t be underestimating Palace, Roy is getting a tune out of them.

We really have to outclass them next week and our defence must stay concentrate.

Allan and Doucouré will have to battle it out.

Looking at his stats from yesterday and it’s obvious he didn’t see much of the ball yesterday. His pass rate was just under 95% though and he made as many interceptions as Allan did.

I thought West Brom did a good job of pressing us to nullify any passage of play from midfield in that first half. We couldn’t really get any rhythm going because of that.

Was very key to the performance in my opinion. Constantly dropped into RB after Dianganas goal because Seamus was playing just about RW when James moved into the middle. Subbed off when game was won and on a yellow.

That's what you need. Not every player has to be Pele every game. Sometimes you just need the engine to work efficiently.

We've gone from a Fiat Clio engine to a McLaren engine in the space of a few weeks.

The good thing is I think there's a lot more to come. I think Allan's is the most set position but I think Doucoure and Gomes will be asked to play various roles and we're still yet to see the best of Gomes.

If we can keep them fit they'll be a match for any midfield imo.

We've gone from a Fiat Clio engine to a McLaren engine in the space of a few weeks.

The good thing is I think there's a lot more to come. I think Allan's is the most set position but I think Doucoure and Gomes will be asked to play various roles and we're still yet to see the best of Gomes.

Renault Clio. Get it together mate.

In my view, the midfield will always be Allan, Doucoure and Gomes. Rodríguez will be afforded a free role.
Gomes, I reckon is one of those players (similar to Bernard) in that he will play better in front of a packed Goodison.

Status
Not open for further replies.