Confirmed Signing Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sometimes talk about ESPN FC here, but never get a response, so I assume GOT people don't see it. I'll pass this on ,anyway.

Marcotti had this as his team in a 4-2-3-1. This was before Doucoure was done.

PICKFORD

COLEMAN - HOLGATE - KEANE - DIGNE

ALLAN - GOMES

IWOBI - JAMES - RICHARLISON

DCL

Host Dan Thomas shrugged, put on a 'meh' expression, and said the new signings would make Everton better, but that's all.

Another pundit said James was nothing like the messiah that Bayern expected and agreed with him.

I sometimes talk about ESPN FC here, but never get a response, so I assume GOT people don't see it. I'll pass this on ,anyway.

PICKFORD

ALLAN - GOMES

DCL

Host Dan Thomas shrugged, put on a 'meh' expression, and said the new signings would make Everton better, but that's all.

Another pundit said James was nothing like the messiah that Bayern expected and agreed with him.

I watch the show almost everyday as you can't really get any decent football coverage over here outside of ESPNFC and the Men In Blazers or NBCSN's pre and post match.

They've been hating on it since the rumor popped up. Gab all the sudden changed his tune yesterday and sounded some what positive. He had been down on it the whole time but was very vague. I wasn't sure whether he was down on James or the club. It was a troll job, Thomas who I like generally introduced it as Everton fans complain we never talk about them so here you go. Forget them.

PICKFORD

ALLAN - GOMES

DCL

Marcotti is a tool and ESPNFC is subpar, that's probably why it doesn't get mentioned here much

PICKFORD

ALLAN - GOMES

DCL

Espn FC have just about the most biased, clueless panel possible. Just last year they said Moyes were the best we could do. Constantly battering is with negatives. Can never find one nice thing to say. They are the equivalent of the S*n.

Marcotti is a tool and ESPNFC is subpar, that's probably why it doesn't get mentioned here much
Thomas made it clear that he doesn't like Everton or its supporters and that's OK, but he should be professional enough to not let that influence his
opinion. Dismissing any possibility that these three signings could greatly improve the team is stupid.

Thomas made it clear that he doesn't like Everton or its supporters and that's OK, but he should be professional enough to not let that influence his
opinion. Dismissing any possibility that these three signings could greatly improve the team is stupid.
they'll just have to eat their words when we shove it down their throats on the twitterverse

I don't get it...

We get this:

And he's not even our most exciting signing of the season.... What is going on around here?

Fairly sure I am dreaming and I am going to wake up to news our only signing this season is Robson-Kanu or someone like that.

ps That vid is gold if any Gooners are claiming they didn't want him later on, also lots of highlights of our old midfield being owned by him :)

Pace, athleticism, and mobility in the middle of the park. Boy did we miss that last season.

Marcotti is a giant douche who was never in enough shape to even play Sunday league. Everytime he talks, I'm always like why? And why do they all respect him. He's a clown.

Frank Leboeuf is the only one who sounds reasonable on that show. He's also the only one who realizes his short comings as a player and his strengths. Also his successes.

Yesterday he mentioned how Henry asked him to play long balls over the top and he laughed and said he told him he could not do that because he was told all he could do is play the ball to zidane. Only good guy on the show. The Norwegian is ok but a complete weirdo. Nicol and the scottish dud think they were way better than they ever were

And that's not even getting to that MLS lifer suarez loving moreno

Looking at the first few pages of this thread there was a lot of negativity about Doucore. Cue general optimism about the Club’s transfers and people see the truth: he’s a great addition, presence, drive, go-go gadget legs and the strength and close control to take another touch in midfield

Tbf as much as we know how good James can be, we all know it doesn't mean that he will be. I have high hopes for him, but they are mitigated by an acknowledgement that he could just as easily disappoint us as he could blow us away. If anyone can unlock his full potential, it's the manager we have. Genuinely think Doucoure is the surer bet to impress this season, not least because he is slotting into a position we have been glaringly weak in for quite some time

PICKFORD

ALLAN - GOMES

DCL

In a lot of ways they're right though. I'm pleased with the business we've done, but it's not earth shattering. It will make us better, and it's given me a bit of excitement that had been lacking, but i'm not sure that side is going to be giving teams nightmares. I'm not trying to be negative, just honest. We'd do well to finish top 6 with this squad, and if you're an impartial commentator that's kind of a 'meh' thing.

In a lot of ways they're right though. I'm pleased with the business we've done, but it's not earth shattering. It will make us better, and it's given me a bit of excitement that had been lacking, but i'm not sure that side is going to be giving teams nightmares. I'm not trying to be negative, just honest. We'd do well to finish top 6 with this squad, and if you're an impartial commentator that's kind of a 'meh' thing.

My expectations this season are a comfortable top half finish and having a good crack at the cups. Top 6 will be very hard to break into and I think we’ll need to spend the rest of this window and January clearing out players.

Keep the nucleus of the team and add 3 more quality players next summer and then we can look at top 6 the season after. I suspect we’ll struggle to hold on to Richarlison next summer if he has a big season.

Status
Not open for further replies.