Confirmed Signing Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don’t agree. Gomes will stay. We see his quality before and he is still a part of the Portugal nation team. Siggy depends, can‘t see a Msl club pay a big sum he probably see as a alternative option in AM.

There is no way you can rely on Davies to fight a starting spot with Allan and Doucoure as we are aiming for top 6. He is not a scapegoat he has over 100 leagues games and has not really improved. What do you think his strengths are since you believe Gomes and Siggy should not play ahead of Davies?
I think Davies is better suited to a more attacking role. I think he is mobile , covers a lot of ground and tries to make things happen for the team... not always successfully. I think he can improve a lot yet and we should remember is five years younger than Gomes and about eight younger than Sigurdsson.

CA talks a lot about players showing character and personality , players who do not try to hide even when things may not be going well for them. I am not sure Andre Gomez fits that bill. I simply cannot see Allan, Gomes and Doucoure all playing in the one team.

It isn't as if I want him sold, I just believe that after spending so much we will need to sell and both Gomez and Sigurdsson are two that could bring money in.

I think Davies is better suited to a more attacking role. I think he is mobile , covers a lot of ground and tries to make things happen for the team... not always successfully. I think he can improve a lot yet and we should remember is five years younger than Gomes and about eight younger than Sigurdsson.

CA talks a lot about players showing character and personality , players who do not try to hide even when things may not be going well for them. I am not sure Andre Gomez fits that bill. I simply cannot see Allan, Gomes and Doucoure all playing in the one team.

It isn't as if I want him sold, I just believe that after spending so much we will need to sell and both Gomez and Sigurdsson are two that could bring money in.
I genuinely find it strange you are seemingly promoting Davies get not Gomes. I'm all for youth and bringing lads through the academy but your description of Davies is not what we've seen from him in at least 18 months.

And in addition, I'm not sure Gomes can do much more to prove his character than by rushing himself back from a horrific injury and continuing to play when the whole world watching knew he needed taking out to try and assist in rebuilding his confidence.

All opinions of course but you've pitched a strange one for me.

F5644ACA-E016-4AF4-9F91-3789540877FE.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.