Confirmed Signing Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might want to add a sentence to state how the S** accused Liverpool fans of rummaging through the pockets of those dead and/or dying at Hillsborough (FA Cup semi final in 1989) when the 96 were killed and also assaulting police officers attempting to help those injured. That's the main reason. And what's that got to do with Everton? Because most families in Merseyside are split between red and blue, so many of those that died essentially came from blue families as well. Not that that would have mattered, because I think the city would have come together regardless against the lies of the S** as they were burying the dead. Hope that helps any of our fans over the pond to understand the boycott of that newspaper in the city and on here.
Goat covered that. I tried to just be all encompassing. They're a shat rag and that's not the only time they've done a story like that I'm sure

Anyway let's not have that divert attention away from the thread and the fact that we will almost certainly never again in our history see a midfield two containing either Davies, Sigurdsson or Delph. :drunk:;):dance:

9bffdf5824ebe1fbea5a9a5ea2c7a50f01efdded.gifv

Hmmm.

Depends what system we're playing.

Based on how we lined up v Blackpool, it definitely wasn't 4-4-2.

Gomes, at his best, gets into the XI. We still need that deep-lying playmaker type and he can be that, the key was getting players around him. That's even more crucial now as he continues to recover from the injury, which yes will still take a bit of time.

I think we'll probably play a 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 hybrid type thing.

Allan and Doucoure flanking Gomes, with those guys basically tasked with doing the dirty work, but with the added bonus of Doucoure being able to get forward and add real threat to the attack.

James might play predominantly from the right, but with a freedom to go wherever he wants, with Richarlison on the other side.

That can be adapted to 4-4-2 easily enough too, and if so we'd still have players of quality on the bench.

If we are to truly compete with the top 6 then Gomes shouldn't be near the starting 11 imo - think his whole time here has been inconsistent- I know he played better with Gana but its easy to forget that even with Gana he stunk the gaff out like the rest of him the months following the Anfield defeat. Have no problem with him as a squad player but just dont think he offers enough on a consistent basis.

Im hoping we bring in a left sided wide player regardless of the set up and go either:

442:

Rodriguez Allan Doucoure ???

Richarlison DCL

Or

433:

Allan Doucoure
Rodriguez
Richarlison DCL ???

If we are to truly compete with the top 6 then Gomes shouldn't be near the starting 11 imo - think his whole time here has been inconsistent- I know he played better with Gana but its easy to forget that even with Gana he stunk the gaff out like the rest of him the months following the Anfield defeat. Have no problem with him as a squad player but just dont think he offers enough on a consistent basis.

Im hoping we bring in a left sided wide player regardless of the set up and go either:

442:

Rodriguez Allan Doucoure ???

Richarlison DCL

Or

433:

Allan Doucoure
Rodriguez
Richarlison DCL ???
Sadly I think Gomes will be a peripheral figure now. He has ability no doubt but not sure he’s ever going to be a consistent performer.

Status
Not open for further replies.