• Up to the rumoured 6 or 7 million - worth every penny

• No more than 5 million - he's OK, but not worth any more

• No more than 3 million - he's got no end product ffs

• Wouldn't take him on a free, he's badly gash

• Stop asking me questions and stick the grill on

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then why have we hardly ever seen Mirallas and Deulofeu, McGeady and Mirallas, Mirallas and Lennon on the pitch at the same time? It always seems to be one with one of Osman Barkley or Naismith on the other flank.

Because Deulofeu plays for Seville, McGeady get's completely lost when he comes infield to play and the Lennon/Mirallas combination has only been an option in recent times. Our attack is built off a 3 behind lukaku that need to be comfortable interchanging. In my opinion it's why the likes of Naismith and Osman have gotten the nod... because Barkley won't receive support in the centre from the likes of McGeady.

Because Deulofeu plays for Seville, McGeady get's completely lost when he comes infield to play and the Lennon/Mirallas combination has only been an option in recent times. Our attack is built off a 3 behind lukaku that need to be comfortable interchanging. In my opinion it's why the likes of Naismith and Osman have gotten the nod... because Barkley won't receive support in the centre from the likes of McGeady.
He's right.

Martinez doesn't seem to like playing with two out and out wingers even though when we do we seem to win quite comfortably.

Unfortunately it's looking increasingly likely that Mirallas stays and while that's not a bad thing I do suspect if we buy Lennon and Mirallas stays then we won't be getting another winger.

Lets hope we can get rid of McGeady.

He's right.

Martinez doesn't seem to like playing with two out and out wingers even though when we do we seem to win quite comfortably.

Ya, but honestly I think Lennon and Mirallas are our only two out and out wingers that are capable of carrying out what RM needs in the centre as well.

McGeady drives infield with the ball alright but I don't recall him making many inside runs off the ball.

Then why have we hardly ever seen Mirallas and Deulofeu, McGeady and Mirallas, Mirallas and Lennon on the pitch at the same time? It always seems to be one with one of Osman Barkley or Naismith on the other flank.
Pretty sure we played two wide men a lot last season when Pienaar was fit, might be wrong but it seemed like we did. As I said, we need the right personel, this season has been a disaster in that department.

He's right.

I mean you seem to be right, but last season we played with balance throughout, rotating the wingers, using different ones as the impact player, maybe he's trying to recreate Pienaar's role now his body is letting him down, but he is quite a unique player in that he has the link up play of a center mid, but also the energy and discipline to play on the wing, he is very tough to replace

Pretty sure we played two wide men a lot last season when Pienaar was fit, might be wrong but it seemed like we did. As I said, we need the right personel, this season has been a disaster in that department.
When I mean two out and out wide men I'm talking about two fast wingers who aren't necessarily good for linking play. Pienaar and Mirallas is a perfect Martinez combination. I'm not sure if he fancies playing both Mirallas and Lennon or even someone like Deulofeu.

We play more direct with two wide men and I think it suits the players that we have. Certainly unless he buys us a very good replacement for Pienaar because Barkley, Naismith or Osman aren't that man.

I mean you seem to be right, but last season we played with balance throughout, rotating the wingers, using different ones as the impact player, maybe he's trying to recreate Pienaar's role now his body is letting him down, but he is quite a unique player in that he has the link up play of a center mid, but also the energy and discipline to play on the wing, he is very tough to replace
I said it at the start of the season that was the one position we didn't strengthen when we should have. Always next year.

I said it at the start of the season that was the one position we didn't strengthen when we should have. Always next year.
I completely agree, will be tough to get a like for like for pienaar though, like you say it's key we strengthen there, and will go a long way to seeing if Martinez really is the man for the job

When I mean two out and out wide men I'm talking about two fast wingers who aren't necessarily good for linking play. Pienaar and Mirallas is a perfect Martinez combination. I'm not sure if he fancies playing both Mirallas and Lennon or even someone like Deulofeu.

We play more direct with two wide men and I think it suits the players that we have. Certainly unless he buys us a very good replacement for Pienaar because Barkley, Naismith or Osman aren't that man.
Agree with this, no coincidence that since Naismith dropped to the bench, Barkley is slowly returning to form in his best position. I think the only thing stopping Martinez playing Mirallas and Lennon from the start is the fact that he can't rely on Mirallas to cover Baines like Lennon does for Mustard. If we can get that balance right, all will be good in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.