A sneaky bet on the title next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think we'll become League champions next season, but if the injuries don't hit us just like this season, I honestly believe we're more than capable to give Man Utd and Chelsea a run for their money.;)

In the last few months we've outplayed Arsenal who sneaked a draw, outplayed Man City, got a very good win against Chelsea (having missed a penalty) and today given Man Utd a good pasting. So 10 points out of a possible 12 against the current top four.

Might be worth a little flutter for next year lads ;)

Getting carried away with a fantastic result methinks - top four next year okay , but the title.......not just yet.

If the injuries hadn't took a great toll this year we could have been in the mix. So I don't see why not. I expect a third place finish next year if and only if we can keep all our troops happy and Rodwell doesn't leave us. Jags back and Arteta in better form with Yak & Saha on fire. It all looks so enticing for the future.;)

If Fergie gives us £40 million for Rodders and it gets re-invested in the squad then yeah alright in reckon we'll win the league next season.

In the last few months we've outplayed Arsenal who sneaked a draw, outplayed Man City, got a very good win against Chelsea (having missed a penalty) and today given Man Utd a good pasting. So 10 points out of a possible 12 against the current top four.

Might be worth a little flutter for next year lads ;)

Indeed!

Public perception of the team must be changing after the last week or so we have had.

Today reminded me of 1987 against united with Heath's diving header.

We can be great again!!!!

I'm with you Bruce. I can see what most can't. Like that weapon behind me with the one toned voice just gobbing off - he ******* bores the [Poor language removed] out of me with his whiny droan - moaning at every single player.

We have beaten Chelsea's full strength team, and we had 3 or 4 important players missing.

Today the same.

It's all about realising your potential and going out there and doing it. Today for the first time since we beat them in the 80's we actually went out there and said, **** you Man U, this is a better side than you - how about that?

Anyone else who doesn't agree with me or Bruce needs to **** off to Kipper, and I'm not joking.

:)

I'm with you Bruce. I can see what most can't. Like that weapon behind me with the one toned voice just gobbing off - he ******* bores the [Poor language removed] out of me with his whiny droan - moaning at every single player.

We have beaten Chelsea's full strength team, and we had 3 or 4 important players missing.

Today the same.

It's all about realising your potential and going out there and doing it. Today for the first time since we beat them in the 80's we actually went out there and said, **** you Man U, this is a better side than you - how about that?

Anyone else who doesn't agree with me or Bruce needs to **** off to Kipper, and I'm not joking.

:)
We had 5 attacking midfielders in midfield today and despite the presence of two good defensive midfielders in Fletcher and Carrick not once were we bullied of the ball, we played they off the park with slick passing.

There is no reason why that should not continue into next season, all we need is Yakubu back firing on all cylinders so that him and Saha are really competing about the striker role. If not that should be a priority in the summer, besides of course getting Landon on board permanently. ;););)

We had 5 attacking midfielders in midfield today and despite the presence of two good defensive midfielders in Fletcher and Carrick not once were we bullied of the ball, we played they off the park with slick passing.

There is no reason why that should not continue into next season, all we need is Yakubu back firing on all cylinders so that him and Saha are really competing about the striker role. If not that should be a priority in the summer, besides of course getting Landon on board permanently. ;););)

I don't think we need to sign anyone other than Donovan.

We'll start off [Poor language removed] then pick up about December and finish fifth or something.

Comfortably Numb.

There is no pain, you are receding
A distant ship smoke on the horizon
You are only coming through in waves
Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying
When I was a child I had a fever
My hands felt just like two balloons
Now I've got that feeling once again
I can't explain, you would not understand
This is not how I am
I have become comfortably numb

/puts away Zippo