A Season of Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

SantaClausisanEvertonian

Player Valuation: £10m
I know there's not much affection for the Daily Mail on here, but Dominic King has summed up this season perfectly in today's 'The Verdict'.
It's well worth a read but here's his last thought for you; "it should be so much better. It's a long time since it has felt worse."
I've just read it again and can't disagree with a word of it!

It’s the nadir of Everton, rather than actually slumping into relegation they’ve regressed to being the most boring team in the footballing pyramid. The worst style of football, embarrassed by the top 6, barely a win away, dull formulaic wins over the bottom 13 at home, no last minute winners, no exciting games, just pure boredom.

It’s what the club has been threatening for a while and now it’s come to pass. The trends have all been there, longer and longer without an away derby win, longer and longer without any derby win, longer without an away win v top 6, now that’s passed to the home form too, now even just winning away is becoming a difficult task.

Just think that even Pardews West Brom won a cup tie at Anfield 3-1 that could have been 5.

Mindsets are so ingrained at Everton that only a sweep from top to bottom will cure it but we seem to say it every season and every season the trends get worse and worse.

I have to say King nailed it there.

I didn't think I was that bothered about Saturday. I've already written the season off, I didn't think beating them would make it any better, and the fact they were resting players because it wasn't even the biggest game of their week meant I thought any victory would be hollow. When that ball fell to Calvert Lewin though, just for a second I thought a season's worth of frustration was about to burst out in one moment of wild celebration. Then he did whatever the hell it was he did and I kicked the seat in front of me and gave myself a bruise that feels pretty painful two days later. My life supporting Everton encapsulated in 5 seconds.

I have to say King nailed it there.

I didn't think I was that bothered about Saturday. I've already written the season off, I didn't think beating them would make it any better, and the fact they were resting players because it wasn't even the biggest game of their week meant I thought any victory would be hollow. When that ball fell to Calvert Lewin though, just for a second I thought a season's worth of frustration was about to burst out in one moment of wild celebration. Then he did whatever the hell it was he did and I kicked the seat in front of me and gave myself a bruise that feels pretty painful two days later. My life supporting Everton encapsulated in 5 seconds.

Every single fan knew he would miss though in that split second the chance came to him. It’s just Everton all over, you knew it wouldn’t happen, it never does.

Good article if I’m honest, it’s about time the media started questioning and even criticising the club. I’m fed up with the media’s constant angling of “do Everton fans have the right to be ungrateful?”. The question is clearly “what do Everton fans have to be grateful of?”

...i’ve been in the pub when King has had a racing bet and he shouts at the telly. It’s not like the horse or jockey can hear him. His dad was Irish and a nice fella.

No need for apologies re Daily Mail. Its online football coverage is good.

The article sums it up really. I thought Sam was right to take Rooney off though.

Status
Not open for further replies.