A question to the most of the fans; Do you really think bringing a new manager would solve our problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is another stubborn manager with no other plan if things are not going his way. He will not change his zonal marking despite everyone else seeing its not working and we are conceding shed loads of goals to set pieces. He has the personality of a house brick and his monotone voice in interviews is awful. Would changing him make the team better, possibly not in the short term as its the same bunch of players but unfortunately keeping him here will only make things a lot worse with the fixtures we have coming up.

Too right it would. Zonal marking! Playing Walcott, DCL, Pickford! Three shots on target per game (if we're lucky). In any other line of work a guy this bad would have been sacked months ago. Get rid now, the season's over, let's start planning for next season.

the question is clear, if you think like this can you state below why? the squad we have is not good they are average at best and they are not giving enough effort. rome wasnt built in a day processes like this takes time in this window we got 2 quality players digne and richarlison after one more window if we get quality players like that we will be a top team sooner or later
Only if the players pull finger and respond

So, No not a chance is the correct answer.

Well, yesterday was poor. You’ve got to look at the bigger picture. As a person who has staff, i know how important morale is. We can’t coast for the next couple of games til we have our inevitable trip to Dubai in Feb.

Get the team to have fun off the field, take the pressure off them, and they’ll usually go about it differently.

I have staff and know about keeping people happy and managing workloads etc ... these people are multi millionaires that work about 20 hrs a week , playingasporte love, shagging model gf and wife’s and have no financial worries and if they wish can spend more time with their familly in one week , than the average man can in a month. Not sure how sending the team paint balling or playing charades in the south of France is going to make them zonal mark and press better , but might as well give it a go as we are the worst I have seen since Walter Smith

We need to be much harder to beat & our formation is wrong for the quality of players we have....

So yes new manager new ideas...new players

Our problems could be solved...l

Players on the pitch lose Managers their jobs. They absolve themselves of all responsibility and let the fans and press go after the manager simply to keep attention away from their individual failings.

The balance of power has changed - it isn’t the manager any more; it’s not a Ferguson, Wenger or even a Moyes dictatorship where the Manager handled the contracts, had the power to bin players off and earned the most money.

Silva is the coach, responsible for preparing and picking the team. Brands does the deals these days, it’s more convenient to lay the blame at the manager and the indulged millionaires know this. I bet most of the players slept more soundly than Silva did last night - they know and we know who is most likely to take the blame for that (and recent) displays.

Of course he has a responsibility, but so do the players. Time for the Board (Brands) to say how it is - either back him and do it now publicly so the players who are playing up and getting away with a casual arrogance of its not their fault know the spotlight is coming their way - or sack him and start the circus again.

Doing nothing creates a vacuum of uncertainty and when that happens the malaise lingers on. I actually don’t know if Silva’s good enough. What I do know is that our first team haven’t been good enough for years.

So, punting him after six months suggests we have an alternative and better option. We don’t. Back him and take stock in the summer.

What on earth do we achieve as a club working towards any sort of medium- or long-term ambitions if we just sack any manager who is mid table after half a season? If you repeatedly do that then you end up cycling through a long list of managers who are either:

a) available because they have been sacked from another club; or

b) tempted away from another club at the expense of a substantial compensation package

and then only keeping them for more than six months IF they have more luck than the last guy (because they'll be using most, if not all, of the same squad to play against the same opponents).

I think you have to give ANY manager at least two full seasons (barring obvious fretful into relegation trouble).... and I have lived through the Martinez tripe and the ordeal that was Mike Walker.

What on earth do we achieve as a club working towards any sort of medium- or long-term ambitions if we just sack any manager who is mid table after half a season? If you repeatedly do that then you end up cycling through a long list of managers who are either:

a) available because they have been sacked from another club; or

b) tempted away from another club at the expense of a substantial compensation package

and then only keeping them for more than six months IF they have more luck than the last guy (because they'll be using most, if not all, of the same squad to play against the same opponents).

I think you have to give ANY manager at least two full seasons (barring obvious fretful into relegation trouble).... and I have lived through the Martinez tripe and the ordeal that was Mike Walker.
IN Bold record Prem points in one season - we are now looking for 40 points under Silva........

IN Bold record Prem points in one season - we are now looking for 40 points under Silva........

Just as we were for TWO seasons under Martinez.

I refer the honourable member to the answer I gave some moments ago: You have to give any manager at least two seasons (unless they are sliding directly into relegation trouble, which we are not).

Players on the pitch lose Managers their jobs. They absolve themselves of all responsibility and let the fans and press go after the manager simply to keep attention away from their individual failings.

The balance of power has changed - it isn’t the manager any more; it’s not a Ferguson, Wenger or even a Moyes dictatorship where the Manager handled the contracts, had the power to bin players off and earned the most money.

Silva is the coach, responsible for preparing and picking the team. Brands does the deals these days, it’s more convenient to lay the blame at the manager and the indulged millionaires know this. I bet most of the players slept more soundly than Silva did last night - they know and we know who is most likely to take the blame for that (and recent) displays.

Of course he has a responsibility, but so do the players. Time for the Board (Brands) to say how it is - either back him and do it now publicly so the players who are playing up and getting away with a casual arrogance of its not their fault know the spotlight is coming their way - or sack him and start the circus again.

Doing nothing creates a vacuum of uncertainty and when that happens the malaise lingers on. I actually don’t know if Silva’s good enough. What I do know is that our first team haven’t been good enough for years.

So, punting him after six months suggests we have an alternative and better option. We don’t. Back him and take stock in the summer.

Maybe the fans need to tip the balance back towards the club away from the players.

Just a thought

The problem is if we sack him do we go on the same merry go round of going for the flavour of the month manager
keep Silva

If we go for a manager with pedigree and proven ability
Sack Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.