Homepage Update: A personal take on the Dan Meis Workshops...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone within the game.

The media.
Possible fans.
Sponsors.

I'd you're perceived to be a big club then the money will flow more easily.

So potentially a 60k stadium which is dotted with empty seats

Or

A 55k stadium packed to the rafters.

You think any of those listed are going to talk about the lack of 5k seats if we have the latter?

So potentially a 60k stadium which is dotted with empty seats

Or

A 55k stadium packed to the rafters.

You think any of those listed are going to talk about the lack of 5k seats if we have the latter?

Or potentially a 60K seater packed to the rafters.

And even the biggest cynic can't deny we would sell out for the likes of the derby.

I'd personally be OK with an awesome 55K seater but anything less and we are conceding too much on capacity. It's the absolute minimum for me.

I don't understand this obsession for 60k.

It's about vanity, I can only imagine. "Well they have a 60k capacity so we should have it".

If we have a 55k stadium, unparalleled atmospheric games which the TV agencies love (the money people), good corporate seating and enough seats that we can satisfy demand AND be near enough capacity every week with Evertonians... Why does it matter that Utd have more? The place is a ghost town full of tourists.

I can see both sides of the argument but why are Man City expanding to 60k when they can’t fill the Etihad?

Perception is important whether people like it or not. We are packing out Goodison on frankly a turgid team and restricted views, are we really saying that in brand new world class facilities, easier access, and hopefully a far better team we won’t see a big rise in attendances? If we are low 50s we’ll have built a whole new stadium to add marginally more seats than Liverpool added in the development of one stand.

I just don’t see why people are talking about the return on investment for the last 10k seats, this has to be our home for 100 years, no one will care about the ROI after a while but if we are packing it out every week and normal fans can’t get tickets to games then we’ll bemoan not going as big as we could in my view.

I sack off all this ‘he gets Everton’ talk, whether it’s in regards to Dan Meis or others. It’s just pros saying all the right things in public, as they should.

Everton don’t even pretend to try to be the best any more. I would be flabbergasted if we had a new stadium within 5,000 seats of the ‘magical’ 60k.

This is Everton remember. There’s always something to take the gloss off.

...that’s with my cynical, experienced Everton hat on.

IF we actually go about it in an ambitious, well-planned manner, then the absolute minimum would have to be 55k, and the venue as a whole would have to be brilliant. I would be happy with 58k, because a few thousand here or there is nothing.

What I don’t want us to regret is us building too small so that we can’t get UEFA matches (Europa Final, Euros etc) due to being outbid by a slightly larger Anfield some time down the road.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.