a new Everton fanzine

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonPaul

Player Valuation: £50k
Evening Blues, it's been a while (about a year I think, when I was plugging something else in fact!)

Anyway, spoke to Danny and he supports what we're trying to do, so said I could post on here to see if you do too?

Essentially, what we at NSNO want to do is produce a new, paper, fanzine for fans to read at the match. But there's a difference.

We want to give it away for free around the ground before the game.

Part of my background is working on free publications from a couple of decades ago which enjoyed long and successful lives, often reaching over 50,000 readers a month, and I have wanted to recreate that "business model" with an Everton fanzine for a long time.

Since WSAG went online only, and Speke from the Harbour and Blueblood bit the dust, there's been a bit of a hole in my pocket on matchdays. I figured others would feel the same.

So, I've set about trying to get this done, but in order to get it off the ground (or around the ground if you like) we need some help.

"Free" magazines were funded entirely by selling advertising space in the past, but CrowdFunding exists now that allows potential readers to invest in the idea a bit more - and get something in return, obviously!

So we've set up a crowdfunding page, which launched on Monday morning. It's now Tuesday evening and we have 65% of our goal pledged already, with another 25% coming in once people get near a computer they trust.

That's a whole lot of belief in a project!

But we want to make this the best we can, and give it the best headstart we can get to, so we're still working with potential advertisers and asking Evertonians to get involved and help make this a reality.

Crowdfunding works by us offering something in return, and most of the higher priced "rewards" are advertising space, but the most popular reward so far has been the signed copy of the fanzine (don't worry, it won't be signed by me, it'll be signed by whichever Everton legend(s) we interview!)

Our page is here: http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/nsno-everton-fanzine/?

We're not just looking for money though. If you have any ideas for content (a mail-in poll about whether people like pineapple on pizza or not, for instance) or if you want to contribute any content (written or graphically) then that would also be great.

Help us make this the project we believe it can be, and be a part of something special!

(PS - the last project Danny let me plug on here was our World Cup podcast, which reached the top ten of ALL podcasts in the world on iTunes at one point, so between us we've got history for making good things happen!)

NSNO?

tumblr_lnohilxlcl1qm7srzo1_500.gif

I'm joking mate - sounds interesting, will give it a look.

Evening Blues, it's been a while (about a year I think, when I was plugging something else in fact!)

Anyway, spoke to Danny and he supports what we're trying to do, so said I could post on here to see if you do too?

Essentially, what we at NSNO want to do is produce a new, paper, fanzine for fans to read at the match. But there's a difference.

Part of my background is working on free publications from a couple of decades ago which enjoyed long and successful lives, often reaching over 50,000 readers a month, and I have wanted to recreate that "business model" with an Everton fanzine for a long time.

Since WSAG went online only, and Speke from the Harbour and Blueblood bit the dust, there's been a bit of a hole in my pocket on matchdays. I figured others would feel the same.

So, I've set about trying to get this done, but in order to get it off the ground (or around the ground if you like) we need some help.

"Free" magazines were funded entirely by selling advertising space in the past, but CrowdFunding exists now that allows potential readers to invest in the idea a bit more - and get something in return, obviously!

So we've set up a crowdfunding page, which launched on Monday morning. It's now Tuesday evening and we have 65% of our goal pledged already, with another 25% coming in once people get near a computer they trust.

But we want to make this the best we can, and give it the best headstart we can get to, so we're still working with potential advertisers and asking Evertonians to get involved and help make this a reality.

Crowdfunding works by us offering something in return, and most of the higher priced "rewards" are advertising space, but the most popular reward so far has been the signed copy of the fanzine (don't worry, it won't be signed by me, it'll be signed by whichever Everton legend(s) we interview!)

We're not just looking for money though. If you have any ideas for content (a mail-in poll about whether people like pineapple on pizza or not, for instance) or if you want to contribute any content (written or graphically) then that would also be great.

Help us make this the project we believe it can be, and be a part of something special!

(PS - the last project Danny let me plug on here was our World Cup podcast, which reached the top ten of ALL podcasts in the world on iTunes at one point, so between us we've got history for making good things happen!)

Hi mate.

What's for tea?

A great idea mate. Best of luck.

Right I've donated a small amount (will check in later in the month to see if you're struggling for more).

When you send me my copy it best not be gash or I'm claiming my money back.

Best of luck x

Status
Not open for further replies.