A Grand Old Team To Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

SantaClausisanEvertonian

Player Valuation: £10m
Merry Christmas you lovely Blue People.
My lovely wife treated me to a copy of 'A Grand Old Team To Report', written by David Prentice, for Christmas.
I'm only up to chapter four but I have to say that so far, it's a great read with lots of interesting insights that cover all things Everton.
Have any members been lucky enough to find this in their Christmas stocking?

I've got a copy,just started reading it. Just got to the bit where a teenage Prentice shouts over to Emlyn Hughes when he spots him walking through Formby,the day after Everton open the season with a win 4-0 at QPR. The arrogant response he got seemed typical of what you might have expected from Hughes. First impressions of the book though are really positive!

I've got a copy,just started reading it. Just got to the bit where a teenage Prentice shouts over to Emlyn Hughes when he spots him walking through Formby,the day after Everton open the season with a win 4-0 at QPR. The arrogant response he got seemed typical of what you might have expected from Hughes. First impressions of the book though are really positive!
Is right!
I'd expect nothing less from a cretinous twot like him.

Got it as an Xmas present. Havent got around to starting it yet. Looking forward to reading it.

Does he mention going for a curry on Charing Cross road with me and my mate the night before the ‘95 cup final ?. Never met him before or after, he was the mate of a mate, can’t remember how it ended up with the three of us.

Got it myself, read it straight off(not much else for me to do testing positive for Covid!!)excellent book, all my old haunts Freshy,Grapes,Barons Bar,Maloneys,Scarisbrick Hotel,Kingsway get a mention, some great anecdotal stuff!!

Status
Not open for further replies.