Homepage Update: A Conversation About Depression And Mental Health

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groucho

Staff member
Groucho submitted an update to GrandOldTeam's homepage

A Conversation About Depression And Mental Health
goodison-1024x442.jpg

Struggling with the world? Can't, or don't want to talk to anyone? Maybe you can anonymously talk about Everton on GrandOldTeam? And if you feel like it, there's a dedicated thread pinned at the top of our Everton forum, which allows for discussion and help between fellow Blues on mental health-related issues. You don't even have to post, just read. It's helped loads of Blues who was/are finding life tough, it might help you.

The "Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues" thread pinned to the top of our Everton forum has been a real success, aproaching 350,000 unique views and with over 9,000 comments. The thread, started one of GrandOldTeam's forum moderators Groucho allows for fans to talk about issues surrounding mental health and depression.

During the international break, we decided to look back at the success of the thread, and Dave provided examples of how it has helped people in a real and tangible way.

You can read the thread here.

This is a reason for everyone connected with this site to feel proud.

It has brought out the very best in the membership.

I have been humbled reading through the posts and also very uplifted by the support and concern on offer.

On a mostly anonymous internet forum, the understanding and help provided is no small achievement.

Apologies about how I sound a bit quieter, I had to put this up at work today so was a bit rushed and didn't equalise the volume between the both of us. Still listenable, though. Proud of the work @Groucho has done and fantastic to hear it's helped some of you.
Many thanks everyone.

Groucho, you deserve a huge amount of gratitude and respect for pressing this agenda mate, i expect the demographics of this site are overwhelmingly male and working class. Those of us of that ilk are the worst in the world for admitting we have a problem and any means to get people to open up has to be loudly applauded! Well done sir!

@Groucho is way too modest a man to laud the actual, real success, this thread has "achieved". At least one suicide attempt was avoided, that we know about, and movers and shakers at the forefront of mental health in Government, (sort of), are aware of it, and frankly astonished at the way the thread had been firstly created, then built and self policed.

On a football forum.

Its a credit to every single poster on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.