A convenient truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we were starting with a blank slate and had to choose any manager in the world, you could make a case for Ancelloti being your top choice.

There is not a single player at Everton you could say that about.

We should give Ancelloti as much time, authority and resource he needs to transform the club and start to shift this listless bunch of players from.the team and replace them with hungry young players with pace and energy rather than 28 year old top 6 cast offs.

Understand the concerns of the OP and if Carlo doesn't do the necessary these will be the sticks to beat him with but the issue is outside of Jose at Porto, Simeone at Athletico and dare I say it Klopp at Dortmund what young managers have built a successful outfit from more or less eff all?

We've never tried the elite manager route so it is effectively a final throw of the dice but the appointment of someone of Carlo's stature means one of 2 things - we really do have big money to transform the club or Carlo is just topping up his pension pot. The jan transfer window will tell all

He was 100% the manager with the highest pedigree that was available at the time.

I just don't think that necessarily always translates to the 'right' manager.

Wanting Moyes instead of Ancelotti is kind of like turning down a night with a super model because you've heard the fat lass puts out on a first date and works harder.

In 20 years time you'd still remember the night with a super model regardless of how good a time you had. The fat lass might sort out your defence but it'll be a boring night you'll have forgotten about by next week.

I'll go out on a limb here and suggest that anyone who thinks Moyes or Arteta would be a better choice than Ancelotti is a pokite, or something involving those letters. They're scared about what might be happening.

I'll go out on a limb here and suggest that anyone who thinks Moyes or Arteta would be a better choice than Ancelotti is a pokite, or something involving those letters. They're scared about what might be happening.

The Arsenal board are all pokites?

This will no doubt be met with skepticism but this is coming from someone who looks at the bigger picture. Is Ancelotti a good signing for Everton at this stage? Of course the answer is time will tell. However what Everton needs is to build a club from top to bottom that fully functions. The last time we had that was when Moyes was manager.

My concern is whether carlo really has the fight at this moment in his career to do that. It's a question well worth asking and I do still feel that Moyes or someone similar (a hungry coach) would have been the better option right now.

We need to shape the team with good young progressive players and established players on the rise. We have to stop buying declining players on massive wages or injury prone players. It concerns we deeply when Everton are linked with ibrahimovic and James rodrigues. Ibrahimovic is nearly 40 and rodrigues is clearly a player who has been on a downward trajectory since the world cup in Brazil. Is it really good business for Everton to sign rodrigues at 28 on around 200k a week. He couldn't cut it in the German league for Bayern so whats to suggest he will in a tougher league with us and if he doesn't we are stuck with a player we cant get rid of.

Let's go get more Richarlisons. Young progressive players with potential to improve themselves and us. It's the only way forward I feel

I have stated any number of times, stop buying OAP's.

Don't say it. Just don't.

It's true.

I meant for us, you spanner.

You're questioning the logic, though? Like 'why on earth would anyone consider Arteta (or A:another) over Ancelotti?'

And yet Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Man United have all shunned the more experienced manager, more successful managers for younger, less experienced managers who'd won comparatively very little. Chelsea are clearly building something under Lampard. Arsenal have started well under Arteta. Ancelotti said the other day that Liverpool chose Klopp after interviewing him, and Liverpool did well under Rodgers before him too. Woodward is poisonous and all is not well at United but Solskjaer is 2 games from Wembley and could yet get them top 4 this year. These are nowhere near the pedigree that Ancelotti has, yet they've worked / are working to a degree, very well.

Now it could be that Ancelotti trumps the lot of them, stays here for years and builds an empire with us, and I end up with egg on my face, I certainly hope that's the case. But, in my opinion, it's not really all that daft to say 'Ancelotti is a hell of a manager, but I've got my reservations'. It doesn't mean you want him out, it doesn't mean you think Moyes, Arteta or whatever are better managers, it doesn't mean you're not happy with the appointment. It's entirely about 'the best fit' - and I happen to think there were coaches who would have better fit us than Ancelotti at this particular stage in our development as a Football club.

Just as the Arsenal board did.

Do you think he just thinks "That sounds like a laugh, no idea about them like but I'll give it a go"? He can have his pick of jobs and make the same money anywhere he likes. It's a long term project and he's been clear about that.

Being here seems like a different challenge for him. He's been at elite clubs who have ready made teams that just need tweaking. They tweak, win, and when an inevitable slump hits they sack the manager and start again. I can see how that would wear thin after a while.

Without jumping to the extremes like some are: Carlo is categorically overqualified for this job, it's not a role he's done before and, for me, there were better suited to it than him. That doesn't mean he's not a top class manager and it doesn't mean I want him gone, I don't think that is what anyone is saying here. I don't even think that anyone is criticising the guy in a typically reactionary way.

For me, It's like hiring an experienced Sales Director when you need an experienced Telesales Executive. The sales director knows sales and has managed great teams before, but they don't sell on the phone day to day. That's not something they've done before. He's an asset to the business, but it's about having the right people in the right positions at the right time.

He's a great manager and an asset to the Football club and I hope to god that he bucks the trend, stays here longer than 18 months and builds a long term project with the club, but I'm not convinced that he will.
What your saying is.. the guy who owns Amazon can’t run a corner shop.

The result on Sunday was bad but Liverpool and Klopp are 4 years down the line, he’s built a philosophy in to the fabric of the club and everyone knows the job.
He made an invincible feel around Liverpool and anfield(not lost for 2 years it something) an Sunday was unfortunately a master class by Klopp, we went in to the game with..argh well we lose this so no worries.. then Klopp leaked the team and all the pressure went on Everton, this was a season defining game for us.. for them it’s was a nothing game, irreverent, he put out 5 squad players, who would all start for us, an young hungry lads who where right up for it and our team folded under the pressure of needing to win.

Ancelloti will sort this club out but takes time and the right players, look at Leicester, there not world beaters but there playing to their best

Ancelotti wasn't available when Chelsea, United and the Crimson Crud made their managerial changes. But don't let that get in the way of your thinking.
It's clear to me you don't want Ancelotti as our manager -- all this "best fit" malarky is just your way of hiding it. But hey, that's football.

It's true.

You're questioning the logic, though? Like 'why on earth would anyone consider Arteta (or A:another) over Ancelotti?'

And yet Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Man United have all shunned the more experienced manager, more successful managers for younger managers who'd won comparatively very little. Chelsea are clearly building something under Lampard. Arsenal have started well under Arteta. Ancelotti said the other day that Liverpool chose Klopp after interviewing him, and Liverpool did well under Rodgers before him too. Woodward is poisonous and all is not well at United but Solskjaer is 2 games from Wembley and could yet get them top 4 this year. These are nowhere near the pedigree that Ancelotti has, yet they've worked / are working to a degree, very well.

Now it could be that Ancelotti trumps the lot of them, stays here for years and builds an empire with us, and I end up with egg on my face, I certainly hope that's the case. But, in my opinion, it's not really all that daft to say 'Ancelotti is a hell of a manager, but I've got my reservations'. It doesn't mean you want him out, it doesn't mean you think Moyes, Arteta or whatever are better managers, it doesn't mean you're not happy with the appointment. It's entirely about 'the best fit' - and I happen to think there were coaches who would have better fit us than Ancelotti at this particular stage in our development as a Football club....

Just as the Arsenal board did....

we’ve tried the other route but it falls down because

a) there is a major mentality and standards issue at the club
b) we struggle to attract the right calibre of player to improve
c) the players we have hide behind inexperienced managers and put in consistently unacceptable performances

The only option for us was to appoint a big name manager to help address these issues, settle the fan base and move us forward. In the short time he’s been here you have already seen signs of this with the spotlight being on the players for Sunday’s performance (would normally have defaulted to the manager) and the type of names we are being linked with in the market.
It will not happen over night but we have to back the manager all the way because we are not getting any better than him unless this works out.

Ancelotti wasn't available when Chelsea, United and the Crimson Crud made their managerial changes. But don't let that get in the way of your thinking.
It's clear to me you don't want Ancelotti as our manager -- all this "best fit" malarky is just your way of hiding it. But hey, that's football.

Yes he was, Ancelotti himself said the other day he interviewed for the Liverpool job and they chose Klopp.

In any case, the point is that those clubs chose those 'inferior' managers despite more experienced, successful managers being available.

Status
Not open for further replies.