James McCarthy

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't want me to speak like that to you, then don't put words in my mouth. You stated as fact I had a pre-conceived notion of the player, and you have done on other threads, which is pure nonsense.
I spoke to you about it and I'm not putting words in your mouth. You said as much that you'd like him for 6-8m but not 13m. You don't like what we've paid and seem to be blaming the player for it.

Yes, but I didn't see much of that either. Barkley filled the slots in the second half in exactly the same way yet he was gassed after 65 minutes. Osman was doing that in the second half too.

If McCarthy puts a blinder in next time out, I'll rave review him for it, but I simply didn't see anything to justify the word "good" about him tonight.

I dont think anyone is saying he had a blinder though, just that he came on and slotted in.

Dont see the big issue here, tbh.

He's spot on here Tubey

Also:

Not satisfactory, poor, inferior, meager, low-quality, second-rate.

Yes, but I didn't see much of that either. Barkley filled the slots in the second half in exactly the same way yet he was gassed after 65 minutes. Osman was doing that in the second half too.

If McCarthy puts a blinder in next time out, I'll rave review him for it, but I simply didn't see anything to justify the word "good" about him tonight.

He's not fit enough then.

Probably doesn't warrant an 8/10 rating.

h33E2F832

Is there no middle ground on this?

There is such thing as middle ground, you know.

Yes - it's called "average". Which is what I'm calling him. Ordinary. Bog standard. Mediocre. Whatever word you care to use.

But apparently I've lost the plot by pointing out the average performance with some worrying aspects of his play highlighted in two notable points of the game.

Did you get an infraction for calling me an effing clown mate? I got one for using the word b#'ll#cks

Yep, and we both deserved it.

Mate, you're saying that his 20 minute stint in a high-tempo second half that was still very stretched was "mediocre" when he actually didn't put a foot wrong. He was tidy on the ball, never lost possession, and did a lot of closing down when we didn't have it. He didn't need to chase the game, he just needed to bring a bit of composure to the middle to see us out and we were successful.

Your opinion honestly baffles me, and it appears to have baffled everyone else......

Mate, you're saying that his 20 minute stint in a high-tempo second half that was still very stretched was "mediocre" when he actually didn't put a foot wrong. He was tidy on the ball, never lost possession, and did a lot of closing down when we didn't have it. He didn't need to chase the game, he just needed to bring a bit of composure to the middle to see us out we were successful.

Your opinion honestly baffles me, and it appears to have baffled everyone else......

He did, I've pointed out three actual points of the game where he unimpressed me. If someone wants to point out three parts of the game where he actually impressed instead of doing the bare minimum you'd expect from a midfielder such as covering space tactically and jogging, then please feel free to do so.

Mate, you're saying that his 20 minute stint in a high-tempo second half that was still very stretched was "mediocre" when he actually didn't put a foot wrong. He was tidy on the ball, never lost possession, and did a lot of closing down when we didn't have it. He didn't need to chase the game, he just needed to bring a bit of composure to the middle to see us out and we were successful.

^this

Status
Not open for further replies.