6 games left - where will we finish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue_aussie05

Player Valuation: £8m
No poll, just a general question on what people's current thoughts are.

We're sitting in 12th place on 38 points after 32 games.

Currently, we're 3 points ahead of Newcastle who got beat again by the RS tonight, and appear to be in a bit of free fall. Don't expect Newcastle to go down as they're 9 points above the relegation zone, but it's entirely possible they could still catch us.

However, rather than looking over our shoulder, I've been hoping we can make ground on the teams above us. Palace are one place above us in 11th on 42 points. Stoke and West Ham are both on 43, sitting in 9th and 10th, and I think this 5 point gap is probably as much as we can bridge this season. I thought catching Swansea was only an outside possibility if we beat them last weekend. Having not done so, their 9 point lead over us is too much for us to catch.

I'd like to catch at least one of Palace, Stoke or West Ham, although I'm not convinced we can overturn all three sides.

Think we need to beat West Ham in order to finish above them, and am hopeful of doing this. Be good to catch at least two of them, cos after the dismal season we've had, finishing in the top half would be an unexpected bonus.

What do people think? How many points can we get, and will this see us catching any of those 3 sides above us? If so, which ones? What's the highest position you think we can finish?

Unfortunately where we are now, can't see us making ground on any of the teams above us. None of them are on a losing streak. It's been a disastrous season however Martinez tries to spin it and he's going to have to perform miracles next season to get me back on board again.

Status
Not open for further replies.