5th place and 65 points or 6th with 72 points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurt.

Player Valuation: £90m
What would you prefer.... a one place higher finish on a lesser points total or a lower finish but with a higher points total which ironically would actually mean progression.

The 72 points would mean we win more games and do ace stuff so that. They're both Europa League so I'd rather win more games in the process.
is the correct answer.

but what if the team finishing above us in 5th is them, and we'd finish above them with the lower points tally?

The 72 points would mean we win more games and do ace stuff so that. They're both Europa League so I'd rather win more games in the process.

You do realise if we were to finish 6th, it's nailed on that teams from outside the top 7 would win both the FA Cup and League Cup. Subsequently leaving us with no Europe and depressed watching yet more teams that are worse than us win trophies.

If we win some alternative table with more points than a higher place than that's the one for me, Liverpool do it like that and seem to be far more successful than us.

if we could convert some draws into wins and some losses into draws we could even turn some wins into draws or losses and improve our points tally

What would you prefer.... a one place higher finish on a lesser points total or a lower finish but with a higher points total which ironically would actually mean progression.

To be read in the manner of Sir Humphrey Appleby;

Actually it doesn't and yet it does mean 'progression'... numerical as opposed to in the 'kin real world
If we get 72 and finish 6th all that means is while we 'progressed' points wise the teams above obviously 'progressed' at a greater rate and thus we actually didn't 'progress' we 'Regressed' in real terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.