5 subs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrb85

Player Valuation: £35m
I see there's a move afoot to reconsider the decision (made only a fortnight ago) to go back to having just 3 subs. No prizes for guessing which teams are leading the call.

The original vote saw 13 for just the 3 subs and 7 for allowing 5. Any club outside the leading 4 or 5 would be voting against their own interests if they switch their vote now and vote for 5. I don't know which way we voted first time round but I sure hope we don't put ourselves at an even greater disadvantage than now by supporting the RS, City, Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal in voting for something that can only serve to widen the gap between such clubs and ourselves. Could there be anything more discouraging and so soul-destroying than to see City warming up their fourth and fifth subs in the form of de Bruyne and Aguero when we're about to bring on Tom Davies or Walcott as we attempt to cling on to a point going into the last 15 minutes?

If there's to be a chsnge lets go back to one sub. Ridiculous and obviously unfair if it increases, furthermore pointing to clear corruption if clubs suddenly and inexolicably decide to change their minds. Maybe there are some potential transfers to the poor little Canon fodder clubs hanging on the way they vote.

I suppose the monied clubs will just keep asking for this vote every month until they get their way.

The prem is contemptible.

Cant see the vote changing tbf as smaller squads understand the disadvantage it puts on them.. no idea how they can vote again on it though

Apart from the unfair advantage it gives the money clubs, it disrupts the game too much. Feels like a friendly.

I sincerely hope Everton are voting to keep it at 3.

It is imperative that the democratic vote to turn down this 5 sub idea is allowed to stand. It is disgraceful that the top 6 richest clubs are allowed to try to reverse the vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back