4-4-2 Under Dyche - is this the Answer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree to a certain extent, but I think players need clear instruction and they need to know what their team mates are going to do and where they should be on the pitch during different phases of play. Elite teams can just "go out and play" and the manager can leave the fine detail up to them. We are not in that category. Our players need clear and simple instructions.

….for me it’s all about what you do ’in possession’ and ‘not in possession’. Harvey was a terrific coach, he liked a support striker but that player had to drop when the opposition had the ball. It was hard work, but it won an FA Youth Cup & a few titles. 4-4-2 with the ball, 4-5-1 without it.

One ‘system’ I’m not keen on is 3 CBs. It’s because at Everton it means a back 5. I always thought if you have 2 good CBs, why would you need 3? The reality is, you only play that system with genuine wing backs and not full backs.

As I say, it’s about the players.

I think this is part of the media bias against British managers in general. Dyche at Burnley signed; French, Belgian, Australian, German, Icelandic, Jamaican, Polish, Irish, Dutch and many more players of differing nationalities.

He likes hard working players who give it their all ( i think we all do) these traits are not inherently only "British" traits and dyche doesn't seem to have any particular British bias when it comes to signing players.
Interestingly he had the least number of foreign players (percentage terms) in his Burnley squad for years.

Interestingly he had the least number of foreign players (percentage terms) in his Burnley squad for years.

Looking at it they had 23 players out of 32 that were British, when he left. But many of those were free transfers, cheap deals or came through the youth system. The fact still remains that he has signed players of many different nationalities through the years at Burnley. You have to look at the club overall, their scouting network and budget.

Our squad currently has 22 British players out of 32, so not actually that different.

Our squad currently has 22 British players out of 32, so not actually that different.
That surprised me to see it that high. I’d not stopped to think about it.

You can also pretty much loop Iwobi and Coleman in, too, as Iwobi has lived here since he was 4, and there’s not a million miles of difference between British and Irish players in terms of language or culture.

Jordan Lee Pickford

Nathan Kenneth Patterson. Michael Vincent Keane. James Alan tarkowski. Vitalii Serhiyovych mykolenko

Alex Chuka Iwobi. Amadou Ba Zeund Georges Mvom Onana. James David Garner. Dwight James Matthew Mcneil

Demarai Remelle Gray

Dom​

I'd be surprised if he doesn't get Keane back in the side.

He knows how to play him, too, which many managers haven't at Everton.

I think we'll see the return of the good Michael Keane, playing in precisely the role that suits him.

I also think he'll contribute to the goals, because he has a knack for that.
He has scored 9 in 170 games for us, he is hardly Ronald Koeman!

Jordan Lee Pickford

Nathan Kenneth Patterson. Michael Vincent Keane. James Alan tarkowski. Vitalii Serhiyovych mykolenko

Alex Chuka Iwobi. Amadou Ba Zeund Georges Mvom Onana. James David Garner. Dwight James Matthew Mcneil

Demarai Remelle Gray

Dom​
Is everything ok, mate?

Status
Not open for further replies.