4-4-2 Under Dyche - is this the Answer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be surprised if he doesn't get Keane back in the side.

He knows how to play him, too, which many managers haven't at Everton.

I think we'll see the return of the good Michael Keane, playing in precisely the role that suits him.

I also think he'll contribute to the goals, because he has a knack for that.
His goal against Palace is one of the most underrated goals for the club in a long while. Got us firmly back into the match, and was a cracker to boot.

I’d happily see Iwobi alongside Onana in a midfield two at times. Gana has by no means earned a starting spot lately.
Definitely agree with Gana not doing enough right now to be considered an automatic starter, but Iwobi has so many deficiencies in his game to be relied on in a midfield 2. Although at this moment in time Iwobi does have to play just purely because no one else aside from him has been creating chances for us this season.

Perhaps James Garner could prove to be quite useful when he's back.

Definitely agree with Gana not doing enough right now to be considered an automatic starter, but Iwobi has so many deficiencies in his game to be relied on in a midfield 2. Although at this moment in time Iwobi does have to play just purely because no one else aside from him has been creating chances for us this season.

Perhaps James Garner could prove to be quite useful when he's back.
Yeah was just basing it on fit players atm. I think Garner and Onana could do really well in a Dyche midfield two. Garner has a good range of passing to sit in and spray it about.

I expect the foreign players to be phased out by brexit Dyche so won't be seeing much of Iwobi, Maupay and Onana for instance.

I think this is part of the media bias against British managers in general. Dyche at Burnley signed; French, Belgian, Australian, German, Icelandic, Jamaican, Polish, Irish, Dutch and many more players of differing nationalities.

He likes hard working players who give it their all ( i think we all do) these traits are not inherently only "British" traits and dyche doesn't seem to have any particular British bias when it comes to signing players.

I watched that video he did explaining the 442 and how he likes it to work etc. Very interesting. If he can get us drilled i think it would be good for us. Like the everton sides of old. Certainly would suit us better than whatever we were trying to do for the last 2 years

….people get hung up on systems but it really is about players.

I agree to a certain extent, but I think players need clear instruction and they need to know what their team mates are going to do and where they should be on the pitch during different phases of play. Elite teams can just "go out and play" and the manager can leave the fine detail up to them. We are not in that category. Our players need clear and simple instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.