4-2-3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tipp blue

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
Anyone else sick of this stupid formation, especially at home against supposedly weaker teams, I do believe that this formation has cost us a lot of points over the past few seasons. I'd much rather see 4-1-3-2 or the good old fashioned 4-4-2

I am not a fan, especially when our 2 were Rooney and Schneiderlin. When used with the correct players for the correct positions it has merits and at home against sides sitting deep, it's rubbish. I think having one of the 2 as a box to box type is a must and one sitting but having 2 sitting is pretty arse fingering bad.

..i’m not overly bothered what system we play. It’s the application and quality that helps make you creative as well as hard to beat. What a team does with and without possession of the football. More than one way to skin a cat.
Well said Eggs....we have become obsessed by formations, and such claptrap as false no 9s, inverted no10s, half spaces (wtf are they??) etc, to the point where we have forgotten that football is essentially a simple game...isn't it? :eek:

Find two box to box midfielders with loads of heart and quality in both defence and attack - put them either side of a quality CM.
Start with your 3 man midfield and find the formation/tactics to suit what else you've got.
Solves the weaknesses of the 4-2-3-1.
Simple stuff really. Makes for good football.

I think we get too hung up on formations sometimes.

It players that win you games.

Yep.

Gomes and Gana dovetail well together. Having two CMs is fine, as long as one of them can get on the ball and work us forward - which is what Gomes can do as we've seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.