30 years ago tonight... The greatest game in our history!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Few things I remember......

Queuing for the St End in Walton Road and it seemed dead early.
When they scored you could hear a pin drop.
At half time nobody in the ground thought we'd lose.
Pandemonium for every goal but especially Tricky's.
Nobody wanting to go home or to the pub seemingly afterwards. Streets were jammed and nobody cared.

Never experienced an atmosphere like it. Totally raw.

30 years? That makes me feel old, had a cracking day on the beer that day and topped it off at Goodison. We upset the Germans that day with our physicality, it was the most upset they'd been since Basil Fawlty.

As a thirteen year old kid in the lower Gladys Street, that night will live with me forever. I didn't realize at time but that night was and probably always will be my ultimate Evertonian experience.
Goodison was heaving and the atmosphere was otherworldly.

Few things I remember......

Queuing for the St End in Walton Road and it seemed dead early.
When they scored you could hear a pin drop.
At half time nobody in the ground thought we'd lose.
Pandemonium for every goal but especially Tricky's.
Nobody wanting to go home or to the pub seemingly afterwards. Streets were jammed and nobody cared.

Never experienced an atmosphere like it. Totally raw.

Just getting in was epic. People in parts of the ground they'd never been before. I ended up in the Upper Bullens (now the away section) & it was chocker with people sitting/standing in the aisles!!! Bedlam, never to be forgotten night!!!

I went with my brother and as we left the ground he told me to remember the noise that was still pumping out of Goodison and not to forget it. Sad to think nothing has come close to that night in 30 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.