3 of the Best Everton home and away games you went too ...... !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Homes.......

Difficult to narrow it down to three but....

Blackpool Reserves in 1966, aged 6, remember that first sight of the GP pitch to this day!
West Brom in 1970 - the game that won us the league.
Bayern Munich 1985, you had to be there, magical!

Away.......

Going to cheat a bit, but those semi finals in the 80's at Villa Park and Highbury!
Stoke 1984 in the cup - what an away support that day!
Oxford 1984 - that Kevin Brock back pass - what a relief!

Homes.......

Blackpool Reserves in 1966, aged 6, remember that first sight of the GP pitch to this day!

Away.......

Going to cheat a bit, but those semi finals in the 80's at Villa Park and Highbury!

would have traded my home Ipswich and Away Stoke 79 and R/S 79 for those games !

Home
Andy King derby 77/78
5-0 v Manure 84/85
Bayern 84/85

Away
1-0 Southampton cup semi at Highbury 83/84 Last gasp limbs everywhere.
2-1 Luton cup semi 84/85 played utter turd for 88 mins, then....
3-1 Plymouth 74/75 cup 4th round. First ever away game.
I was at all of them, Plymouth away we left our local about 11pm the night before, 12 of us in an old white tranny, got there at 7.30 am. Found a cafe,something to eat and a walk around and the pubs opened at 10am!! Well you were just topping yourself up after the journey down. The police closed the pub about 12 everyone was ratarsed, I always remember 1 blue swinging on a old fashioned chandelier and the whole lot came crashing down, Great days

With all the negativity around , Corona , Everton results , underperforming players etc took a long shot of putting in a thread on something else ?
MODS - Havent seen such a Thread but if I missed it then Lock ?

My ones are more personal than having to be a winning result
For a major part of my life been away from home , Dad emigrated to RSA 1972 with two excursions back and forth , therefore as a youngster didnt appreciate the great team and victories of 69/70 , was overseas for the 84/85 , 86/87 successes

Home
78/79 Liverpool 1-0 ( League ) - my 1st Derby was in the Street End
79/80 Ipswich 2-1 ( FAC ) - expected to lose - just after the Derby 1-2 loss at home and got thrashed 0-4 by Ipswich at home
78/79 Derby 2-1 League - my1st game back after being in RSA from 1972 under the flood lights
Away
78/79 Liverpool 1-1 (League ) my 2nd Derby match - all over us think they had 10 chances before we got a shot in
79/80Liverpool 2-2 ( League ) had it all goals , sendings off and we took a turn around to the KOP singing after the game.
79/80 Stoke League 3-2 ( League ) typical compact English ground , atmosphere was electric , we had a massive following , and a great game
That 79/80 league game, 2-2, had everything, including a twenty yard own goal from Mick Lyons, sending offs, two players for fighting like girls, a female streaker who everyone in the ground saw except Ray Clemence the Liverpool goalkeeper such was his power of concentration.

Home
Andy King derby 77/78
5-0 v Manure 84/85
Bayern 84/85

Away
1-0 Southampton cup semi at Highbury 83/84 Last gasp limbs everywhere.
2-1 Luton cup semi 84/85 played utter turd for 88 mins, then....
3-1 Plymouth 74/75 cup 4th round. First ever away game.

Same home games.

away
spurs 2-1 in 85.
utd 2-1 I think 85.
Leeds in the cup. 3-1. (Miners strike era)

Homes.......

Away.......

Only misssed the Blackpool reserves one. You must be dedicated :dance::dance:

Home:
Everton v Liverpool 1994, Joe Royle’s first game.
Everton v Liverpool 1991 FA Cup 4th round, Watson with the winner after the 4-4 draw.
Everton v Newcastle QF FA Cup, Watson with the winner to take us into the Semi-Finals.

Away:
FA Cup Final, Wembley, 1995.
FA Cup Semi-Final, Elland Road, 1995
Southampton 2005. Great weekend, played crap all match but then Marcus Bent scored a last minute equaliser that sent the away end crazy. It made a great weekend even greater!

Home.

Could go for three different ones entirely but...

1) Everton 1-0 Man Utd April 2005. Pivotal game game in our battle with Liverpool for 4th. Still the best atmosphere I've ever experienced at Goodison. Real tasty United side we turned over with the likes of Rooney, Ronaldo, Van Nistlerooy, Scholes, Keane etc.
2) Everton 2-1 Liverpool December 1992. Late Beardsley winner against the club which binned him off, he certainly didn't refuse to celebrate against his old club. Only time we've come from behind to win a derby since the World War 2.
3) Everton 3-2 Wimbledon May 1994. Shouldn't even have been at this game as me and a mate saw the huge queue for the Gwladys and disgracefully pushed in. Edges out the Rooney Arsenal goal game.

Away

I've a terrible record in games I've been to outside Goodison so hardly have a huge choice...

1) Liverpool 0-1 Everton September 1999. Was at our last win over at the tinmine. I remember having a right moan when it was announced we'd be kept in for 20 minutes after the game but it turned out to be great having a sing song on their patch having just turned them over.
2) Watford 1-2 Everton January 2001. FA Cup 3rd round tie. Pure ecstasy in the away end after a peach of a free kick from Stephen Hughes with just a few minutes left and then a diving header from Steve Watson in stoppage time rescued us after we'd trailed to Watford, then in the lower leagues, for most of the game. We went ballistic at those two goals. Memorable for me as I had my first ever Gary Ablett when I got back that night.
3) Man Utd 0-0 Everton April 2009. Possibly the worst ever FA Cup semi final. 120 minutes of total garbage. I was knackered as I'd barely slept the night before and that game hardly perked me up. Only ever seen the penalties since as I refused to watch the game itself again.

Status
Not open for further replies.