#27 Years/NSNOW/#AllTogetherNow Fan Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is potentially ?
Its also has potential to be a ghost town thanks to the excellent work that is going on behind the scenes, in fact give it a few weeks and tumbleweeds will be blowing through it

ghost-town-tumbleweed.gif

I was quite supportive of the group originally. But it has just become a route for the Esk to continually moan about the board. I find it infuriating because he is clearly intelligent and offers very good insight into the clubs financials but then stuff like complaining about the badge on the 3rd shirt (despite it being exactly what he moans about the club not doing and exploring avenues to increase brand awareness/revenue), constant sniping about the FAB and his obsession with Moshiri asking him for a brew and chat mean it comes across like an self promoting obsession.

I was quite supportive of the group originally. But it has just become a route for the Esk to continually moan about the board. I find it infuriating because he is clearly intelligent and offers very good insight into the clubs financials but then stuff like complaining about the badge on the 3rd shirt (despite it being exactly what he moans about the club not doing and exploring avenues to increase brand awareness/revenue), constant sniping about the FAB and his obsession with Moshiri asking him for a brew and chat mean it comes across like an self promoting obsession.

I don’t think it’s self promoting to be honest mate. For all his intelligence and you’re right he is a smart guy, I don’t see a big ego there unlike some I see, read and hear from who’s egos are borderline repulsive at times.

When it’s all said and done, regardless of any individual, look at Everton objectively, take the emotion out of it, it’s all there isn’t it.

I don’t think it’s self promoting to be honest mate. For all his intelligence and you’re right he is a smart guy, I don’t see a big ego there unlike some I see, read and hear from who’s egos are borderline repulsive at times.

When it’s all said and done, regardless of any individual, look at Everton objectively, take the emotion out of it, it’s all there isn’t it.

Who in the Everton family have egos that are repulsive? We need to rid ourselves of this.

I disagree, it's not all there. We don't know anything really about the inner workings of the club. That's one of my biggest issues with some of the board criticism. Take the issue with striking options: should the club have a striker in? Yes, ideally. Should we buy anyone and waste money? No. Given the club need another club to be willing to sell the player, it isn't just our boards failing that have meant we are short up front.

The only thing we truly have some factual information over is the financials. We know they're a mess but equally the same people moaning about our poor finances are complaining we haven't just thrown money at the first available striker.

People base all the knowledge of what is going on within the club on hearsay, reports, ITKs, journalists. They'll say a journalist is unreliable over a transfer rumour but hang of any negative story.

Another example is the criticism the club took over not having a sleeve sponsor last season. However, the club had a value for that sponsorship and weren't willing to undersell it (that would have a knock on impact across all future deals ) and now they've secured their value. That is good business sense but your average football fan doesn't understand that.

I was listening to a pod earlier, I think one of the Athletic ones and they were discussing the operation at Newcastle.

Now I know we like to laugh at them but I wish to god Moshiri had done the same when he arrived.

So last year survival was obviously the target and they bought in players to achieve that. But then they looked around and saw Brighton as a 'well run club' and nicked their DoF. (unlike giving the job to a scout of a flash in the pan league winning team)

They then saw pretty much every commercial deal was something to do with Sports Direct. (very similar to 80% of ours being linked to Usmanov owned businesses.) They go out and hire a guy from the MLS. If anybody understands the need for squeezing every last dollar out of a product its Americans.

When they have positions to fill, even senior execs it's not the owners who appoint them, they use an external agency who selects the very best candidate available/attainable. No sentiment involved.

Sorry to say but I don't think Newcastle will be a laughing stock for too long, and whilst their growth will be helped with the money available they're doing everything right so far.

I'm not against Moshiri, he's a bigger hero to Everton than the last Majority shareholder. I'm just annoyed at his refusal to recognise his board are taking him for a ride.

I disagree, it's not all there. We don't know anything really about the inner workings of the club. That's one of my biggest issues with some of the board criticism. Take the issue with striking options: should the club have a striker in? Yes, ideally. Should we buy anyone and waste money? No. Given the club need another club to be willing to sell the player, it isn't just our boards failing that have meant we are short up front.

The only thing we truly have some factual information over is the financials. We know they're a mess but equally the same people moaning about our poor finances are complaining we haven't just thrown money at the first available striker.

People base all the knowledge of what is going on within the club on hearsay, reports, ITKs, journalists. They'll say a journalist is unreliable over a transfer rumour but hang of any negative story.

Another example is the criticism the club took over not having a sleeve sponsor last season. However, the club had a value for that sponsorship and weren't willing to undersell it (that would have a knock on impact across all future deals ) and now they've secured their value. That is good business sense but your average football fan doesn't understand that.

I see. Well you can classify me as the average football fan who doesn’t understand because clearly I don’t and frankly it’s getting to a point where I can’t be bothered trying to anymore.

D
I was listening to a pod earlier, I think one of the Athletic ones and they were discussing the operation at Newcastle.

Now I know we like to laugh at them but I wish to god Moshiri had done the same when he arrived.

So last year survival was obviously the target and they bought in players to achieve that. But then they looked around and saw Brighton as a 'well run club' and nicked their DoF. (unlike giving the job to a scout of a flash in the pan league winning team)

They then saw pretty much every commercial deal was something to do with Sports Direct. (very similar to 80% of ours being linked to Usmanov owned businesses.) They go out and hire a guy from the MLS. If anybody understands the need for squeezing every last dollar out of a product its Americans.

When they have positions to fill, even senior execs it's not the owners who appoint them, they use an external agency who selects the very best candidate available/attainable. No sentiment involved.

Sorry to say but I don't think Newcastle will be a laughing stock for too long, and whilst their growth will be helped with the money available they're doing everything right so far.

I'm not against Moshiri, he's a bigger hero to Everton than the last Majority shareholder. I'm just annoyed at his refusal to recognise his board are taking him for a ride.
Dont understand the need to promote professionals to the board, why don't they just dump ex players and mates to do it, who will back them no matter what and do it far cheaper.o_O The Everton way, one of the reasons we are, were we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.