27 years campaign

For or against

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole premier league is questionable mate, including us. It’s the biggest cash cleaning scheme going.
I don't disagree. I'm not sure everyone leaving the ground is fixing it. The best way for everyone to enjoy Everton again is probably to adjust what we're looking for. It's a long and nearly impossible road to winning trophies with anything resembling regularity and even if we overcome the nearly impossible part the long is still there which is still more than our support generally feels okay about dealing with.

The game in this country is crap utter utter boring to watch crap. I would have thought a more evenly contested division would be better for tv and numbers of people watching but they just want the "elite" there
An evenly balanced league is better for domestic TV numbers, league with a few megaclubs at the top and everyone else making up the numbers is better for tv numbers abroad.

In the last rounds of rights deals the domestic deal actually fell in real and nominal terms, whereas the foreign rights growth is still on a very high trajectory.

Basically, the Premier League is putting it's foot up the arse of the traditional English football fan that has been the backbone of the game in English since it's very foundation, and all for foreign lucre. It's only going to get worse as well.

I don't think it's a good plan. Leave seats or go, it's just not practical. Besides, if we're enjoying a good 5-10 minute spell most of the fans will be watching the game. A few hundred might leave their seats.

It would be better everyone hold up a card with 27 on it and loads of banners!

I don't disagree. I'm not sure everyone leaving the ground is fixing it. The best way for everyone to enjoy Everton again is probably to adjust what we're looking for. It's a long and nearly impossible road to winning trophies with anything resembling regularity and even if we overcome the nearly impossible part the long is still there which is still more than our support generally feels okay about dealing with.

I dont think giving up is the answer mate.

I guarantee any such action wouldn't be taking place against *the board* if Benitez has been sacked after the derby.

This is mostly just feet stamping to get the manager down the road because Moshiri backed Benitez yesterday.

I dont know how involved you are Dave, but that's not the case at all.

I'll be honest, I say this as someone who after Wednesdays debacle wants him gone, most of the people involved in this want Kenwright gone and are worried about it extending to the manager. It would still.have gone ahead regardless of whether Benitez was or wasnt sacked.

Whether that extends to the support base, I dont know.

Personally I want them all gone.

All businesses now have significant interest in their brand image and brand value. A protest that tarnishes the brand causes a significant financial hit, especially for a business is trying to borrow huge amounts of money to fund a stadium.

But the people dreaming up the protest are idiots...?
So playing Devils Advocate, how does tarnishing the brand image help the Club in any way, shape or form with sponsors, banks and investors? Surely tarnishing the brand is what we’re complaining the Board and underperforming team are doing now.

What’s totally being missed here is that the supporters are the only constant and everything else like owners, board members, sponsors and players are purely transient passers-by who have no emotional or life-long commitment to the Club. Everton is the entity that we follow, support and suffer with, not the players or the team at any one moment in time. Our affiliation is with Everton.

I’m all for an organised protest as this malaise has been going on too long, however we need to be mindful that the current owner has ploughed in over £500M. He must be as alarmed as we are that we’ve spunked it on some absolute dross and have gone backwards. A walkout has some merits but also some issues, and I’m not sure how it will be received or supported on the night - my biggest issue however is that the ‘event’ itself and the ongoing discussion on here and other forums is further dividing Blues when the objective is surely to unite them. People need to consider their involvement, make a personal decision and allow others the same liberty. Calling those who don’t share your view either ‘Happy Clappers’ or ‘Moron Protestors’ helps absolutely nobody let alone the cause.

Monday will be quite telling. Not decided what I’ll do yet as I’ve not left a game early in over 40 years....but there’s a first time for everything as they say.

The Athletic.
and theres no such thing as bad publicity. We’ve got peoples attention
We’ve moaned and groaned that the media have it in for Everton for years....and now we want to suckle up to them. The irony should not be lost. Whilst the Athletic does appear to have a better standard of journalism (which in itself isn’t such a high bar) do you think their purpose is to make Everton great again or fuel their own growth?
Protests outside the ground before and after games is much more likely to help the cause gain traction than anything inside the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.