27 years campaign

For or against

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The change of manager was a pleasant by-product of the core cause of requesting Moshiri consider change at the top of the club.

Yeah quite possibly. I still think Benitez would have been sacked although it may have dragged on a little longer. He had 6 points from 13 games at the end of the day and that sees off 99% of managers in this league.

I think the fan pressure helped more with the appointment of the new manager. We would have probably got Martinez or Pereira otherwise. There's absolutely no guarantee with any manager inheriting this squad, but I feel like we've picked the choice with the highest possible upside, and a much longer term approach. I actually liked hearing Moshiri talk about being patient himself, rather than the usual challenging for top 4 or titles nonsense. Of course we want to challenge, but we need to become competitive first and that will take a little while. We are 16th and in a bit of a whole. There is no magic wand here. We need lots of hard work, smart decision making and gradual progression.

The change of manager was a pleasant by-product of the core cause of requesting Moshiri consider change at the top of the club.

I think you underplay that mate. The unrest the 27 minute movement generated / reflected wouldn't have happened without the managerial last but one decision of Moshiri. It was rocket fuel for this unrest.

As for the sucess of the campaign to professionalise the board: I think you can see with this recent manager hunt, and the way it ignored the conclusion of any strategic review on club governance, that we are still very much dealing with a man who is an autocratic and egotist, and any appeal to him to reconstitute the way the club is run will be rebuffed.

IMO the chance to target Moshiri in that way will be after any stadium is built. And then it'g have to be on the basis of getting shut of him, not reforming him.

I think you underplay that mate. The unrest the 27 minute movement generated / reflected wouldn't have happened without the managerial last but one decision of Moshiri. It was rocket fuel for this unrest.

As for the sucess of the campaign to professionalise the board: I think you can see with this recent manager hunt, and the way it ignored the conclusion of any strategic review on club governance, that we are still very much dealing with a man who is an autocratic and egotist, and any appeal to him to reconstitute the way the club is run will be rebuffed.

IMO the chance to target Moshiri in that way will be after any stadium is built. And then it'g have to be on the basis of getting shut of him, not reforming him.
Wait till he finishes our long awaited stadium on the docks of the Mersey to throw him in it. I get the sentiment. Not a big mosh fan on the footballing side of things. But something about does not sit right with me.

Wait till he finishes our long awaited stadium on the docks of the Mersey to throw him in it. I get the sentiment. Not a big mosh fan on the footballing side of things. But something about does not sit right with me.
Who cares about him?

He's just a means to an end.

I think Lampard has the currency and clout to basically ignore the board on things like transfers.

The board are almost, if not entirely irrelevant at the moment.
Unless he's signing players out of his own pocket, I think you're wrong here.

Ultimately the owner has, and will continue to have final say. Until he leaves it to reputable football savvy people to make these decisions, this isn't going to change.

The people behind this have their work cut out. I respect them not only for the points made but the patience to handle some of the most obnoxious people I’ve ever seen. Seen a fair number of jibes at them today on twitter and Facebook. It’s no surprise, too many are reactionary and short term thinkers.

It’s like the guy on talksport yesterday, saying fans are harsh for criticising the owner and board then proceeds to say how much money has been wasted and it’s been poor from top to bottom. This is the kind of guff them campaign people are dealing with.

I understand the need for positivity, it’s horrible being down in the dumps all the time, it shouldn’t stop people wanting to see the club do better or have better people in at the club. Long term that is a positive !

It’s like the interviews from the club with the manager and players. They are so determined to push praise for the owner and chairman at any opportunity. It feels insincere and really forced. I don’t see other clubs do this and we have a track record of it even the before the campaign.

They want the praise, want people to know how great they are but when things are crap they use press people to push hollow fairy tales and cancel or abolish AGMs.

I’ll always want Everton to win but I can’t wait to see us one day have genuinely better custodians and good luck to those who go out of their way to acknowledge that also.

Yeah quite possibly. I still think Benitez would have been sacked although it may have dragged on a little longer. He had 6 points from 13 games at the end of the day and that sees off 99% of managers in this league.

I think the fan pressure helped more with the appointment of the new manager. We would have probably got Martinez or Pereira otherwise. There's absolutely no guarantee with any manager inheriting this squad, but I feel like we've picked the choice with the highest possible upside, and a much longer term approach. I actually liked hearing Moshiri talk about being patient himself, rather than the usual challenging for top 4 or titles nonsense. Of course we want to challenge, but we need to become competitive first and that will take a little while. We are 16th and in a bit of a whole. There is no magic wand here. We need lots of hard work, smart decision making and gradual progression.
And that’s at the core of the 27years campaign… the majority shareholder needs to realise that the current hierarchy have and continue to fail in these areas.

Don't disagree Dave but, the 27years campaign was initiated to target Moshiri not Benitez... he rodgered himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.