27 years campaign

For or against

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its wise to wait and see what happens in Brands absence tbh mate - for all we know Mosh Man could either give the role to Benitez and its works out better or he brings in a better DOF who has the strength to tell Moshiri to back off with certain decision making.

I think the worst thing fans could do is keep pushing the protests particularly if there is an uptake in form on the pitch as it won't be well received.

On a side note - Kenwright wont be leaving Goodison unless its in a box or his health deteriorates with age.
This isn’t about Benitez mate , it’s aimed above him . Mosh man‘s absence as you affectionately call him spoke volumes

thanks for the message . But Why does it need to be put to bed ? Does one result change the mess the club are in off the pitch ?
I said that the idea that people were standing and cheering the board on 27 minutes needs to be put to bed, not the idea that something needs to be done. Did you read any of that? I even say I agree that something needs doing about our farcical situation.

I said that the idea that people were standing and cheering the board on 27 minutes needs to be put to bed, not the idea that something needs to be done. Did you read any of that? I even say I agree that something needs doing about our farcical situation.
Mate I’ve got awful eyesight to the point I need a symbol cane most of the time .and i’ve spent more time looking at a phone since Thursday than in the past 6 months combined. I apologise for slightly misreading your post .

I stick by this question... would a walkout even have been talked about if we didn't have the injury crisis we had? The answer is a resounding no.

We had the worst injury crisis I've known since supporting the club in the 90s. We're it not for that then I'm absolutely sure we would be sitting in around the top 6 right now and this wouldn't even be questioned. We are only 5 points behind arsenal now.

I think it's a positive that Brands has gone, I don't dislike him but I do think there was a conflict of interest between him and Benitez. I'm quite happy to see what Benitez can do now with a few transfer windows and I see no reason why others would think differently.

When he's had our best players available he's tended to get us results. He will have money to resolve depth issues in January and the summer and things will move forward.

I'm for making a point against the board.

I don't agree with those saying it was bad timing because it was a "crucial" game. It wasn't. The bad timing was because the players decided to show a bit of fight and actually put in a performance.

The fans cheering and applauding for the team is great, but the board will just see that as people being happy with things though, and that it's only a minority who are unhappy with them. (It's not a minority who are unhappy with the board of reality though).

Protests before and after the game don't do anything. It's only during the game that the media will really pick up on it and show it live. Banners always hit the screen, as would a walkout during the game.

If it had been the derby, we would have been 2 down (which could have already been several more) and at that point not showing much. Many more would have then gone along with it and it would have had more of an impact.

I stick by this question... would a walkout even have been talked about if we didn't have the injury crisis we had? The answer is a resounding no.

We had the worst injury crisis I've known since supporting the club in the 90s. We're it not for that then I'm absolutely sure we would be sitting in around the top 6 right now and this wouldn't even be questioned. We are only 5 points behind arsenal now.

I think it's a positive that Brands has gone, I don't dislike him but I do think there was a conflict of interest between him and Benitez. I'm quite happy to see what Benitez can do now with a few transfer windows and I see no reason why others would think differently.

When he's had our best players available he's tended to get us results. He will have money to resolve depth issues in January and the summer and things will move forward.
I remember going to Coventry in the 90's with a bunch of kids in the team and 2 players getting injured during the game. We won 3-1 (Carsley got their goal funnily enough). That's probably the worst crisis I can remember.

Surely one of the points is this seasons injury "crisis" wouldn't have been a crisis if we had a usable squad. We only had a couple of players out but nothing in reserve as the squad make up has been mismanaged for years. So yes and no really.

I remember going to Coventry in the 90's with a bunch of kids in the team and 2 players getting injured during the game. We won 3-1 (Carsley got their goal funnily enough). That's probably the worst crisis I can remember.

Surely one of the points is this seasons injury "crisis" wouldn't have been a crisis if we had a usable squad. We only had a couple of players out but nothing in reserve as the squad make up has been mismanaged for years. So yes and no really.
Our last trip to highfield road , first time I seen us win there . Great day . Cov fans turned on Strachan that day .

So are people totally against this or just against doing it during the game ?

is anyone open to something that doesn’t involve a walk out?

ideas welcome
First of all,full credit to everyone involved and those who participated. It has highlighted to a wider audience that all is not well at the club.It has started a process and the process has to start somewhere.Those making the decisions should now feel under more scrutiny than ever previously.
Going forward, I would be inclined to let the dust settle for a few games. If the players put the same effort in as they did last night for every game then things can quickly change. But we’ll see......

Been some bad injuries JJ, DCL obv a massive one, but let's not fantasise that this is a top 6 outfit. Did you see our midfield last night? Not a single footballer on the park. The one footballer we brought on had his one good game out of five and it made the difference so happy days, but this is miles off a top six team.

So are people totally against this or just against doing it during the game ?

is anyone open to something that doesn’t involve a walk out?

ideas welcome
It's a difficult one, particularly due to our current position. Gutted to miss the match last night (had to have a ******* PCR test) but wouldn't have walked out. I really felt we could get something against Arsenal and that a mass walkout would have affected an already confidence-shot team. I think the fans and team alone deserve the recognition for last night's result, can't believe Spitty and the Sky studio bells praising Benitez for it, had Rotundon been fit he'd have been out there embarrassing himself again.

We seriously need to do something but need to make clear that it's aimed at the right people. I have 100% respect for those who thought walking out was the only way they felt they could register their dissatisfaction but we are in a relegation dogfight currently and it felt a bit like cutting off your nose to spite your face. This board, the owners, management and players will be gone one day but we'll still be Evertonians and the club will still be ours. I think we need to get to a safe position in the league first and then let rip, Brentford is the last home game of the season and if we're safe (god forbid if we're not) I think there's worse ideas than to completely empty the place at half time and not coming back in until August.

^^^This.

Status
Not open for further replies.