27 years campaign

For or against

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing to do now mate is to learn from that last night, not double down on a failed tactic.

I think there needs to be a name change for it as it'll be discredited in the media now. But tweak the tactics to specifically target the owner and not his flunkies, and call for a clearout of the backroom coaching staff, and for more dialogue with fans etc and you'll get more support.

Not answering the question about the chanting, sound, you keep doing you mate.

Take some of your points, especially on trying to get the message out to the supporters (which I thought had been done quite effectively if people chose to listen) and a proper clear out at boardroom level and of the coaching and scouting old boys network.

Whatever is planned next, something similar or completely different, I hope that the sitters/non-protesters don't target those wanting to affect change, like they have this time - its uncalled for and frankly bizarre.

That's not what I or others who got up on 27 mins are doing or saying mate, ans it's disingenuous of you to state that.

I've never once called any fans who didn't want anything to do with the protest less pure or not as proper/good fans as those who made a stand, it was always their choice and I didn't think any less of them.

If anything it's the other way, and I'm getting pelters on social media, called a scab or a plassy fan for wanting better for Everton and trying to highlight how bad things are, and then getting chanted at, by fellas who don't normally open their holes at every match, with the whole stadium going up octaves louder than anytime before the 27th min.
I suspect a lot in the crowd were infuriated by a very unwelcome demonstration right in the middle of the game, with the demonstration involving removing support publicly from the team. You literally walked out whilst we were fighting for the win,

Disagree with this ND. Anyone thinking that the crowd response was support for the board is wrong. It was support for the team. And it probably helped us win the game.

In my opinion, staging a protest mid half, in such a crucial game was a bad call. A differently planned and executed protest would have got a lot more support.

But, as stated in earlier posts, I’m not gonna criticise paying fans, wanting to make their views heard.

Ding, ding, ding, winner!

So are people totally against this or just against doing it during the game ?

is anyone open to something that doesn’t involve a walk out?

ideas welcome

During the game isn't that popular it would seem. I think something beforehand on a weekend or holiday game would possibly work better. Although only way to find out is to engage and try things.

I can't believe that the vast majority of the goodison crowd are happy, but there are an awful lot who won't participate in anything. We are an extremely timid fan base.

The away crowd are much more likely to be united behind something, than the much larger home crowd. And that's for various reasons, and can be simple things like people are looking after their kids.

ideas welcome

I think its wise to wait and see what happens in Brands absence tbh mate - for all we know Mosh Man could either give the role to Benitez and its works out better or he brings in a better DOF who has the strength to tell Moshiri to back off with certain decision making.

I think the worst thing fans could do is keep pushing the protests particularly if there is an uptake in form on the pitch as it won't be well received.

On a side note - Kenwright wont be leaving Goodison unless its in a box or his health deteriorates with age.

I think its wise to wait and see what happens in Brands absence tbh mate - for all we know Mosh Man could either give the role to Benitez and its works out better or he brings in a better DOF who has the strength to tell Moshiri to back off with certain decision making.

I think the worst thing fans could do is keep pushing the protests particularly if there is an uptake in form on the pitch as it won't be well received.

On a side note - Kenwright wont be leaving Goodison unless its in a box or his health deteriorates with age.

A bit of pressure is always a good thing in my opinion. Any time people feel conmfortable, they tend to not perform to their best. People at this club are happy to coast if you let them, so I would keep up the campaign, just wouldn't try the walk out again. I still think it was a good idea myself, but you only find out the appetite when you try something, then you learn and move on.

ideas welcome
I was initially for this, but the timing worked out so wrong for you. The team was fighting, for once, and folks felt that, and decided to stick around. They were also applauding and cheering for the team, NOT the board, so that rhetoric needs to be put to bed. Giving you abuse is wrong, as is some of your supporters giving it out to folks who didn't want to walk. It's entirely their choice. I don't have a master plan for you, I'm sure some other bright spark will think of something new, and I agree, something needs to be done. How about we start with stopping the abuse, though, from both sides. All this "happy clapper" crap, and calling each other "scabs" needs to 'koff. Good luck. I think you'll need it.

A bit of pressure is always a good thing in my opinion. Any time people feel conmfortable, they tend to not perform to their best. People at this club are happy to coast if you let them, so I would keep up the campaign, just wouldn't try the walk out again. I still think it was a good idea myself, but you only find out the appetite when you try something, then you learn and move on.

I agree but you have to know when to apply it otherwise the majority will say "oh its just those cry arses what do they want we are 9th in the table".

For me Brands going is a massive positive and I think that should be that now unless the board appoint someone horrendous to replace him with like Walsh.

Personally I think they'll let Benitez have say on transfers until at least the summer and they'll go from there.

I was initially for this, but the timing worked out so wrong for you. The team was fighting, for once, and folks felt that, and decided to stick around. They were also applauding and cheering for the team, NOT the board, so that rhetoric needs to be put to bed. Giving you abuse is wrong, as is some of your supporters giving it out to folks who didn't want to walk. It's entirely their choice. I don't have a master plan for you, I'm sure some other bright spark will think of something new, and I agree, something needs to be done. How about we start with stopping the abuse, though, from both sides. All this "happy clapper" crap, and calling each other "scabs" needs to 'koff. Good luck. I think you'll need it.
thanks for the message . But Why does it need to be put to bed ? Does one result change the mess the club are in off the pitch ?

During the game isn't that popular it would seem. I think something beforehand on a weekend or holiday game would possibly work better. Although only way to find out is to engage and try things.

I can't believe that the vast majority of the goodison crowd are happy, but there are an awful lot who won't participate in anything. We are an extremely timid fan base.

The away crowd are much more likely to be united behind something, than the much larger home crowd. And that's for various reasons, and can be simple things like people are looking after their kids.
As someone said away from here . The majority who walked out of qwladys street were the ones who are at most away games . So not the bad supporters some in here and elsewhere are trying to make out . We will change it up and continue To want better . Thanks for your reply mate .

Status
Not open for further replies.