27 years campaign

For or against

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So playing Devils Advocate, how does tarnishing the brand image help the Club in any way, shape or form with sponsors, banks and investors? Surely tarnishing the brand is what we’re complaining the Board and underperforming team are doing now.

People need to consider their involvement, make a personal decision and allow others the same liberty. Calling those who don’t share your view either ‘Happy Clappers’ or ‘Moron Protestors’ helps absolutely nobody let alone the cause.
Tarnishing the brand doesn't help the club in the short term. But that's more or less the point - many Evertonians have decided the club has poor medium and long term prospects on the present course.

The short term pain of forcing much needed change is a necessary evil to enhance the clubs medium and long term prospects. That's the conclusion these supporters have arrived at.

In light of the form run we're on, the divide on the manager, the criminal misuse of resources, the baffling lack of accountability it's hard to argue that some substantive change is not warranted. If you accept that, then the debate becomes about what course of action will force change thrugh in the quckest amount of time.

On the "moron protesters" side of the coin, many of us feel the club is in almost an existential battle right now. Hence the depth of feeling, and the emotion. To be quite honest not really sure what the "happy clappers" (who got the better side of the insult christening there eh) are getting quite so angry at. If you don't think there's a problem,. or this is just a blip, then what do you care? Things will return to the norm shortly then right?

We've sacked managers for not progressing from the previous seasons.

Koeman - 7th
Koeman/Big Sam - 8th
Silva - 8th
Silva/Carlo - 12th
Carlo - 10th.

Was it a case of money spent we should be higher than top half finishes previous?

It now a case of disillusionment? That there's no real future under the current regime as there's no plan?

The relegation argument doesn't even bother me as that wont happen. But are we more concerned about a better outlook going forward?

Its quite telling how each time our managers fall to pieces the recruitment badly let us down that summer.

Koeman 7th > Walsh wastes £150 million and loses Lukaku > bottom 3 and sacked

Silva 8th > Brands wastes £115 million and loses Gana > bottom 3 and sacked

Its same with Benitez for me - no backing in the summer and the same weak spots like weak midfield, RB, up top and he's expected to be fighting for europe with this squad.

Yeah let the whole world laugh at us for not winning anything in 27 years. Swerve this in my opinion. The best way to get at the board is by boycotting the club shop and merchandise.
All that does is reduce the money we declare on the books, which impacts FFP and the amount of money we can spend.
Boycotting the game for 20 mins will definitely give them something to think about

Its quite telling how each time our managers fall to pieces the recruitment badly let us down that summer.

Its same with Benitez for me - no backing in the summer and the same weak spots like weak midfield, RB, up top and he's expected to be fighting for europe with this squad.

I agree with the past managers.

Rafael hasn't lost anyone (he gained more pace who have been performing from him). So its on Benitez to at least be as solid and organised as Carlo was.

The common theme is a terrible squad sprinkled with a few key players throughout

Lukaku, Gueye, Richarlison Doucoure

If they’re fit most of the season the team can do ok. If they’re sold and we don’t replace them, or they’re injured for extended periods, the squad shows it’s real level of being lower bottom half.

Benitez is right when he says we’ll pick up once key players are back. Doucoure has already made a difference to performance levels since he’s returned. If he gets injured again though, any sort of recovery moving forward won’t happen regardless of DCL coming back.

This is the nature of the squad and has been for about 5 years now.

The common theme is a terrible squad sprinkled with a few key players throughout

Lukaku, Gueye, Richarlison Doucoure

If they’re fit most of the season the team can do ok. If they’re sold and we don’t replace them, or they’re injured for extended periods, the squad shows it’s real level of being lower bottom half.

Benitez is right when he says we’ll pick up once key players are back. Doucoure has already made a difference to performance levels since he’s returned. If he gets injured again though, any sort of recovery moving forward won’t happen regardless of DCL coming back.

This is the nature of the squad and has been for about 5 years now.

Pickford
Dumfries Zouma Mina Digne
Gana Doucoure
Lookman Richarlison Gray
DCL

Even after messing up the Lukaku sale Imagine we sorted ourselves out - kept Gana, signed Zouma, stuck with Lookman and had funds to have signed a proper RB how much better we would look just with players linked/who we should have kept.

Poor recruitment is the root of our problems. Apart from Rondon I think Gray and Townsend have been good buys.

Maybe a lot on here are too young to remember the Wimbledon and Coventry games. We need to be very careful we are not in that position again. I am as livid as everyone as to what is going on at OUR club. But this is the wrong time,place and type of action we should be doing. Those Wimbledon and Coventry games were not nice experiences believe me. But if results had of been worse it would have been horrific. I am not a happy clapper in anyway shape or form but we need the points. Do the right thing and make Goodison under the lights boom.

I'm not against it bringing down thsi board, but we all know what the stunt's really about: getting shut of the manager.

The bulk of any protestors will be smiling and accepting this board as long as they had some cone layer in the dugout...and that is the truth of it.
You are totally wrong with that comment !!!

So there's no point in this half baked plan on Monday then.
Nothing half baked about this Dave...

Status
Not open for further replies.