27 years campaign

For or against

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on mate, Facebook is the same, bile and hatred to those who stood up and left - some have completely missed the point and now the protesters are the problem?!

To see supporters (who normally need their pulses checked to see if they haven't snuffed it) actually chant and sing louder than at any point before at us as we walked past, or some be called scabs, was really quite shocking to me. I don't think I will ever work evertonians out.

Now according to some I'm not a proper fan, after having a season ticket for 32 years and going away games when I can? Sound.

Just because I want to highlight how poorly we have been ran as a football club since Moshiri has been involved?

Proud to not be a proper fan if so.
The singing was aimed at those that left 100%. Seen some fella proper giving it loads and I was concerned for his health tbh. Face as red as a baboons backside. Regardless to say he (they) was absolutely silent for the first 27 minutes - and after his 40 second burst as well.

That reaction was the oddest thing of the night for me.

I'm not saying that's acceptable, but I do think that the board and moshiri will take the chanting and increased noise as an endorsement of their actions, which completely goes against what were saying we all want?

Is it also acceptable for the fans who took a stand and want better to receive abuse, get chanted at and get called scabs in person or abuse on social media?
I said there'd be kick offs - which was denied by some that there would.

But you cant blame fans for cheering their team...you surely see that and accept it?

I said there'd be kick offs - which was denied by some that there would.

But you cant blame fans for cheering their team...you surely see that and accept it?

Dave, listen mate, in the main, they were absolutely not cheering on the team, so no I won't accept that.

I witnessed, heard and felt that with my own eyes and ears - they were chanting at me and others who left on 27mins - can you not accept that, and also understand why myself and others rthink the board will take that as an endorsement?

Talksport, the athletic, BT sports , sky sports news and MNF, itv and radio Merseyside , even ESPN ,numerous journalists ( guardian, echo , mail , mirror to name a few) . it’s brought the attention that the hands want more into the spotlight . it’s been bigger than you think considering everton usually struggle for any attention because the top 6 usually grab it all. even spurs ,west Ham ,Leeds , villa and Newcastle are more popular than us in the media.
That means nothing though. A mention in a couple of outlets followed by comments of "typical Everton, no bigger than Newcastle (!) so entitled" etc etc.

It does nothing, and why would it anyway? Whats the point? Moshiri is not going to make decisions because Wayne from Essex heard about a protest on Talksport.

I totally get protesting to get Moshiri's attention (he will already know the issues anyway) but it being highlighted in the media does nothing but make us look worse.

The singing was aimed at those that left 100%. Seen some fella proper giving it loads and I was concerned for his health tbh. Face as red as a baboons backside. Regardless to say he (they) was absolutely silent for the first 27 minutes - and after his 40 second burst as well.

That reaction was the oddest thing of the night for me.

Honestly, quite bizarre near me - fellas I've sat near for donkeys years who hardly ever open their gobs (apart from moaning or booing obviously) absolutley becoming ultras, screaming "ton ton ton" and spittle flying from their mouths, looking directly at us as we left - not the pitch.

But they were only cheering on the team lad, what don't you get?

Dave, listen mate, in the main, they were absolutely not cheering on the team, so no I won't accept that.

I witnessed, heard and felt that with my own eyes and ears - they were chanting at me and others who left on 27mins - can you not accept that, and also understand why myself and others rthink the board will take that as an endorsement?
Then maybe you got it wrong and not them? You have to see how tactically poor that was asking people to desert the team who needed them on the pitch - no matter how long for.

I'm proud of those of us who stuck to our beliefs and carried on with the protest despite all the bile and hate that its got us from some quarters. The misinformation that circulated regarding what the plan was has been a disgrace. At the end of the day we all did what we felt was right and nobody deserves stick for doing that.

All I can say it that if us going downstairs on 27mins and returning for the second half makes the rest of Goodison actually react like that then I'll do it every week and be happy to do so.

Got decent coverage, some very pointed questions at Rafael, and mentioned positively in match reports I've read.
We still wait to hear anything at all from Moshiri (other than a text to Jim White).

Anyone upset at fans for wanting to just support the team, and as such supporting more loudly when protesters left - give it a break. You did good., as did they. All contributed to one of the best Goodison nights in years.

Honestly, quite bizarre near me - fellas I've sat near for donkeys years who hardly ever open their gobs (apart from moaning or booing obviously) absolutley becoming ultras, screaming "ton ton ton" and spittle flying from their mouths, looking directly at us as we left - not the pitch.

But they were only cheering on the team lad, what don't you get?
If you and I were the team, then yes. They were definitely cheering the team.

Then maybe you got it wrong and not them? You have to see how tactically poor that was asking people to desert the team who needed them on the pitch - no matter how long for.

So did they chant for the team or against the protesters then mate?

The only poor tactics I've seen have been from Benitez, with his 2 in midfield - nothing to do with what the protest was trying to do.

I'm proud of those of us who stuck to our beliefs and carried on with the protest despite all the bile and hate that its got us from some quarters. The misinformation that circulated regarding what the plan was has been a disgrace. At the end of the day we all did what we felt was right and nobody deserves stick for doing that.

All I can say it that if us going downstairs on 27mins and returning for the second half makes the rest of Goodison actually react like that then I'll do it every week and be happy to do so.

Said before we should do it every 10mins to wake the corpses up - proper strange reaction imo.

That means nothing though. A mention in a couple of outlets followed by comments of "typical Everton, no bigger than Newcastle (!) so entitled" etc etc.

It does nothing, and why would it anyway? Whats the point? Moshiri is not going to make decisions because Wayne from Essex heard about a protest on Talksport.

I totally get protesting to get Moshiri's attention (he will already know the issues anyway) but it being highlighted in the media does nothing but make us look worse.
I disagree

So did they chant for the team or against the protesters then mate?

The only poor tactics I've seen have been from Benitez, with his 2 in midfield - nothing to do with what the protest was trying to do.
The thing to do now mate is to learn from that last night, not double down on a failed tactic.

I think there needs to be a name change for it as it'll be discredited in the media now. But tweak the tactics to specifically target the owner and not his flunkies, and call for a clearout of the backroom coaching staff, and for more dialogue with fans etc and you'll get more support.

Status
Not open for further replies.