27 years campaign

For or against

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst I appreciate the protest wasnt directly aimed at Moshiri (more a call for him to sort things out) I doubt you'll got much support from the average supporter on the street when he's seen the new stadium being built and hundreds of millions spent.

I seen on twitter this morning loads of non EFC fans basically saying "why they moaning they've spent near £500 million haven't they?" and thats what you'll be up against.

The Blue Union couldn't topple a penniless chancer who gave us 3 failed ground moves and zero investment.

No chance the fans can get the level of support needed on the ground to go against a bloke ploughing millions in and building a new stadium on the docks regardless of the mismanagement on show.
Without the blue union the club would be playing in a tesco car park in Kirby.

You can thank me later lol

The point being fans groups cant effect regime change but can positively impact direction. Regardless of how many bodies left seats it was all over the media yesterday in the lead up to the game.

Thats ultimately what the aim was I guess.

Need to continue to shine a light on the basket case that is seior management of the club. Support for the players is never in question.

i couldn’t bring myself to go and from the looks on the tv I wasn’t the only one , I totally accept it was a meaningless gesture by me but it was something I felt compelled to do . That doesn’t mean I didn’t go mad when the winner went in because I did and it might be a one off one game nothing pathetic childish act but I’d promised myself so I did it .

I can only hope that the club has a look
At itself but frankly I doubt it will .

Keep telling yourself that fella, more revisionism but you're excellent at that.

I'll never be ashamed for trying to do something to shine a light on the shitshow we've become, and who are these "victims" you're talking about? Victims of what?

I saw it and heard it while I walked out mate, so don't tell me different, it wasn't directed at the team and had sod all to do with what was happening on the pitch - hope were clear, before you spin any more bullshite?
Yeah, we REALLY need a fan civil war on the terraces in the situation we're in.

How can that campaign have come to this: after less than a week in existence they're finger pointing at the vast majority for not being as pure or 'proper' a fan as they are.

Shambles.

How can that campaign have come to this: after less than a week in existence they're finger pointing at the vast majority for not being as pure or 'proper' a fan as they are.

Shambles.

Listen in on them twitter radio things. Hilarious.

All the disparate groups came together under the blue union but yes your right KEIOC and Dave Kelly were instrumental
If you really wanted to play devils advocate (and I always do, leads to more discussion) you could say that pressure from fan groups actually lead to Destination Kirkby.

"We need more money to sign players."
"We have no money"
"We need a new ground to make money"
"We have no money for a new ground"
"We need more money to sign players"
"We can only afford to move to Kirkby"
"We don't want to move to Kirkby. We still need more money to sign players though."

May or may not be accurate quotes there...

Either way thankfully it didn't happen.

Shambles.

That's not what I or others who got up on 27 mins are doing or saying mate, ans it's disingenuous of you to state that.

I've never once called any fans who didn't want anything to do with the protest less pure or not as proper/good fans as those who made a stand, it was always their choice and I didn't think any less of them.

If anything it's the other way, and I'm getting pelters on social media, called a scab or a plassy fan for wanting better for Everton and trying to highlight how bad things are, and then getting chanted at, by fellas who don't normally open their holes at every match, with the whole stadium going up octaves louder than anytime before the 27th min.

That's not what I or others who got up on 27 mins are doing or saying mate, ans it's disingenuous of you to state that.

I've never once called any fans who didn't want anything to do with the protest less pure or not as proper/good fans as those who made a stand, it was always their choice and I didn't think any less of them.

If anything it's the other way, and I'm getting pelters on social media, called a scab or a plassy fan for wanting better for Everton and trying to highlight how bad things are, and then getting chanted at, by fellas who don't normally open their holes at every match, with the whole stadium going up octaves louder than anytime before the 27th min.
I accept (and have stated last night) that these 27 minute people want what we all want: a successful Everton. But some of the comments about fans who supported the club and didn't walk out were enabling the board are completely pathetic. Look at this and tell me it's acceptable:

No it hasn't. It may have got a couple of mentions somewhere but nobody cares apart from us. Why would they?
Talksport, the athletic, BT sports , sky sports news and MNF, itv and radio Merseyside , even ESPN ,numerous journalists ( guardian, echo , mail , mirror to name a few) . it’s brought the attention that the hands want more into the spotlight . it’s been bigger than you think considering everton usually struggle for any attention because the top 6 usually grab it all. even spurs ,west Ham ,Leeds , villa and Newcastle are more popular than us in the media.

I accept (and have stated last night) that these 27 minute people want what we all want: a successful Everton. But some of the comments about fans who supported the club and didn't walk out were enabling the board are completely pathetic. Look at this and tell me it's acceptable:

I'm not saying that's acceptable, but I do think that the board and moshiri will take the chanting and increased noise as an endorsement of their actions, which completely goes against what were saying we all want?

Is it also acceptable for the fans who took a stand and want better to receive abuse, get chanted at and get called scabs in person or abuse on social media?

Status
Not open for further replies.