25 years ago today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue 1

Player Valuation: £70m
[video=youtube;YUQanC59OFo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YUQanC59OFo[/video]

Who else was there?

I went as i did for most away games at that time happy days and what a side we were

How many Toffees were there that day? I've heard all sorts of figures, anything from 3,000 to 9,000!!! If I remember rightly we had the opportunity to wrap up the title at home two days earlier against City but we didn't play that well and in the end got lucky cos their forward, I think it might even have been Imre Varadi or some random ex-Toffee, almost snapped the Park End crossbar with a few minutes to go. I was 10 then and thought that 2 title wins in 3 years was perfectly acceptable and normal... little did I know.

i was there. I was 17and SOOOOOO feckin drunk I don't even remember getting home. Boy oh boy did i have a hangover after that.

I was there but pretty sure it was in one of the boxes in the Barclay end cause my dad knew a guy who knew someone else who had a couple of spare tickets.

I didn't support Everton at the time, was just getting into football and my old man wanted me to be a Norwich fan like him.

But i though "bollocks to that" after watching them lose i decided to support the mightly Everton who had just become league champions, thought that was gonna be the start of lots of success for Everton.

What a piss up of a choice that was :(

I was there but pretty sure it was in one of the boxes in the Barclay end cause my dad knew a guy who knew someone else who had a couple of spare tickets.

I didn't support Everton at the time, was just getting into football and my old man wanted me to be a Norwich fan like him.

But i though "bollocks to that" after watching them lose. THIS WAS THE DAY I WAS CHOSEN TO SUPPORT THE MIGHTY EVERTON, who had just become league champions, thought that was gonna be the start of lots of success for Everton.

What a piss up of a choice that was :(

fixed that bit in the middle mate.

fixed that bit in the middle mate.

Yeah I was there along with around 7,000 other looney blues. Remember the pub behind the goal getting trashed before the game and when the police came anyone with loads of 10p pieces in their pockets were getting bundled into police vans as the fruit machines had benn knocked over and robbed. Remember being pissed off when some lad who had tried to climb over the railings in the ground got some grey sludge all over himself which they used to put on the fences to stop people climbing over them bumped into me when celebrating pyscho`s goal and got the stuff all over my new lacoste shirt ! Oh happy days !

Status
Not open for further replies.