21/22 Pre season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how it's going to work with foreign stuff, I liked it when we had pre season games at places like Blackburn, much better then playing overseas part times and winning 22 0

Everton Under-23s will visit non-league Guiseley AFC for a friendly clash ahead of the 2021/22 campaign.

The fixture, at the National League North club's Nethermoor Park home, is set for a 3pm kick-off on Saturday 17 July.

Manager David Unsworth's team are due to go to Guiseley's divisional counterparts Chorley a fortnight later on Saturday 3 August.

That dukla Prague away leg in the late 70s would of been some trip .Anyone on here go or know anyone who did or were we even allowed any fans to go
i went we took about 500,
went by train via holland and germany.

Attachments

• dp.jpg
    dp.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 66

That dukla Prague away leg in the late 70s would of been some trip .Anyone on here go or know anyone who did or were we even allowed any fans to go
@EFC-FCN
We had to join the Everton travel club for visas, tickets etc, and they laid on flights ( Dan -Air ) from Speke airport.
I reckon about 1,500 made the trip, and Prague wasn't like it is today !
We walked for hours searching for a bar, only the odd working men's smoky local bars, but we took it over and had a great time with the local miners who kept buying us shots of the local fire-water.
When we returned to the hotel, there was a communist official waiting with police to speak to us, as we'd draped our flag outside the hotel window all day, it was a Union Jack flag with EVERTON FC on it, but with it being under Soviet communist rule, it was against the law, they let us off with a warning.
On match day, just before half-time, I got up to head to the toilets to avoid the rush, when 2 communist soldiers grabbed me, put my arms behind my back nearly breaking my wrists, threw me out of the ground, then nicked my scarf, and one of them thought it'd be funny to remove his revolver and push it against my head. They then knocked me into the gutter and walked away laughing, but fortunately I managed to get back into the ground in the 2nd half, only to see us get beat by a late goal I think.
Back at the hotel later, there was a group of spivs asking the Everton fans if they'd sell their jeans to them for a good price, as it was illegal for shops in Prague to sell them because it was deemed a western influence under the Soviet regime back then, but our Czech minder allocated to us ,warned us not to have any dealings with them or we'd be arrested.
There was chaos at the airport as we were leaving, as a gang of local lads, some armed with knives and bottles gave us a farewell surprise !
The lad I sat next to on the Dan-Air flight back to Liverpool kept his hand on his stomach through the flight, and when I asked him if he was ok, he told me he'd been stabbed outside the airport, but didn't fancy reporting it 'cos he'd have missed his flight, hassle etc.
Quite an interesting trip !

@EFC-FCN
We had to join the Everton travel club for visas, tickets etc, and they laid on flights ( Dan -Air ) from Speke airport.
I reckon about 1,500 made the trip, and Prague wasn't like it is today !
We walked for hours searching for a bar, only the odd working men's smoky local bars, but we took it over and had a great time with the local miners who kept buying us shots of the local fire-water.
When we returned to the hotel, there was a communist official waiting with police to speak to us, as we'd draped our flag outside the hotel window all day, it was a Union Jack flag with EVERTON FC on it, but with it being under Soviet communist rule, it was against the law, they let us off with a warning.
On match day, just before half-time, I got up to head to the toilets to avoid the rush, when 2 communist soldiers grabbed me, put my arms behind my back nearly breaking my wrists, threw me out of the ground, then nicked my scarf, and one of them thought it'd be funny to remove his revolver and push it against my head. They then knocked me into the gutter and walked away laughing, but fortunately I managed to get back into the ground in the 2nd half, only to see us get beat by a late goal I think.
Back at the hotel later, there was a group of spivs asking the Everton fans if they'd sell their jeans to them for a good price, as it was illegal for shops in Prague to sell them because it was deemed a western influence under the Soviet regime back then, but our Czech minder allocated to us ,warned us not to have any dealings with them or we'd be arrested.
There was chaos at the airport as we were leaving, as a gang of local lads, some armed with knives and bottles gave us a farewell surprise !
The lad I sat next to on the Dan-Air flight back to Liverpool kept his hand on his stomach through the flight, and when I asked him if he was ok, he told me he'd been stabbed outside the airport, but didn't fancy reporting it 'cos he'd have missed his flight, hassle etc.
Quite an interesting trip !
Your never gonna forget that away trip mate .FFS you only went for a piss what a pair of c@@@s

Status
Not open for further replies.